We’re back in action today with a little something different. I’ve been seeing these pop up in stores but I don’t think a lot of people know about them or at least how to make them despite them being super easy to make! Egg White Low Carb Wraps…that don’t fall apart!
To start you’ll need a small pan (here’s the 8” one I’m using), 2 large egg whites, 2 tablespoons of almond flour or really any flour should work, and a little optional salt & pepper.
You could also flavor these up however you want with different seasonings depending on what you’re using them for. Mix those up, turn your burner on medium heat, coat your pan with some non-stick cooking spray, and pour your mix in. Let that cook for 1-2 minutes, flip it, and repeat.
In the end you should have a wrap that is just as solid as a “high carb” one and in bind…you could also use it as a frisbee (this joke works better in the video!).
You can make these in bulk or just make them when you need them. I’ve used these for tacos, tuna mixes, breakfast wraps, and so on. They only take a couple minutes to make so there’s really no excuse and you’re only gonna pay about 10 cents a wrap which is way cheaper than any of the ones you’d find at the store!
I’m sure I’ll get the question, “can I use a larger pan?” and my answer to that is sure! To compensate, use more egg whites and flour but understand that the bigger the wrap is the more likely it will be that it’s not as…food durable.
Let me know what you all use your wraps for below!
- 2 Large Egg Whites or 6 Tablespoons (92g) Liquid Egg Whites
- 2 Tablespoons (14g) Better Cravings Almond Flour
- Salt & Pepper *Optional
- Other Seasonings *Optional
- Want them bigger? More egg whites + flour…it’s that easy!
- These are pretty forgiving but don’t make them too big!
- Microwave them for 20-30 seconds to reheat if you made a bunch in bulk!
- Don’t play with your food!
How to make:
- Mix together your ingredients
- Coat an 8’’ pan with some non-sticking cooking spray, turn your burn on medium heat, and pour your mix in
- Cook each side for 1-2 minutes
Calories in the whole recipe with Almond Flour (8’’ wrap):
- Calories: 129
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated Fat: .5g
- Sodium: 172.5mg
- Carbs: 2.5g (Net Carbs: 1g)
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: .5g
- Protein: 13g