Today we have 3 words, LOW CARB PANCAKES! Seriously, there is no excuse for not being able to make these.
All you need is a bowl, 2 large eggs, 4 ounces of cream cheese, a scoop of my Baking Protein if you love me or regular protein, 2 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, and which I’m not gonna add today but a tablespoon or two of some preserves will change up the flavor (never get bored).
Next, mix or blend all of the ingredients until smooth, turn a burner on medium heat, and throw your mix in a pan for around 2 minutes a side.
There you have it! Simple, quick, fluffy, and delicious low carb pancakes. Since coconut flour has such a high fiber content (5g per 2 tablespoons) these only end up having around 15 grams of net carbs so I would definitely consider them keto friendly. You can reheat them in the microwave, make them thicker by adding more coconut flour, and thinner by adding less.
Let me know in the comments below what your FAVORITE low carb pancake topping is!
Check out my awesome Cuisinart electric single burner: http://amzn.to/2iWTgnb
Here is the recipe:
- 2 Large Eggs
- 4 Ounces (120g) Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 Scoop (30g) The Protein Chef’s Baking Protein Powder
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) Coconut Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- *Optional Preserves (Your Choice Flavor)
Calories in the WHOLE recipe (makes 2 servings):
- Calories: 555
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Sodium: 410mg
- Carbs: 20g Net Carbs = 15g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 42g
How to make:
- Add all of your ingredients into a bowl or blender and mix them together
- Take out a stove top pan or griddle, turn your burner on Medium Heat, and let it heat up
- Once it heats up pour in your mix, making your pancakes however big you want them
- Cook each side for around 2-3 minutes depending on how big you make your pancakes
- Use MORE coconut flour for thicker pancakes and LESS for thinner!