It’s Sunday so today we take our best appliance friend (SLOW COOKER!), throw a few ingredients into it, wait a little bit, and watch this Slow Cooker Chicken and Biscuits recipe come to light. Over 300 grams of protein, super easy to portion out, and tastes just as good as it looks.
Start with your slow cooker and throw a liner in it for easy clean up (if you have them). If you don’t have them, I’ll link them here with a link to my slow cooker too. Now for ingredients you’re gonna add into the bottom 1/2 a chopped up yellow onion, 2 1/2 pounds of chopped up chicken breast, a little black pepper and salt, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 1 cup of chopped up celery, 1 16 ounce bag of mixed frozen vegetables, 2 small cans or 1 big can of 98% fat free cream of chicken, and 3 cups of a low sodium chicken broth.
Lightly mix together the ingredients on top of your chicken and then throw your lid on and cook it on high for around 3 1/2 hours. After that take out a can of biscuit dough, break the dough into pieces, and add them into your slow cooker. The can I’m using is 10 ounces and as long as it’s some form of biscuit dough, it should work just fine. Last, sprinkle on 1/4 cup of some grated parmesan cheese and throw your cover back on for around an hour or until your biscuits look cooked!
With this one I usually make 6 servings (500g per serving) but like with any of these recipes you can make however many servings you want!
Have pictures and wanna be featured? Tag me @TheProteinChef and use the hashtag #SlowCookerSunday!
Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 Chopped Yellow Onion
- 2 1/2 Pounds (40 Ounces) Chopped Chicken Breast
- A little Black Pepper
- A little Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Chopped Celery
- 1 Bag (16 Ounces/453g) Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 2 Small Cans or 1 Big Can (22.6 Ounces/640g Total) 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken
- 3 Cups (24 Ounces) Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Can Biscuit Dough (I use a small can which is 10 Ounces/283g)
- 1/4 Cup (20g) Grated Parmesan Cheese
How to make:
- Throw a liner in your slow cooker for easy cleanup (if you have them)
- Add in your Chopped Onion on the bottom
- Place your Chopped Chicken Breast on top of your Onion
- Add in the rest of your ingredients aside from your Biscuit Dough and Parmesan Cheese
- Lightly mix together the ingredients on top of your Chicken
- Cook those on High for 3 1/2 hours
- Break up your Biscuit Dough into small pieces and add those in (you can mix them in if you want but it’s not needed)
- Sprinkle on your Parmesan Cheese
- Cook on High for an additional 1 Hour
- Drop the sodium a bit by looking for lower sodium alternatives when shopping!
- Use whatever kind of biscuit dough you want!
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 2722
- Fat: 66g
- Saturated Fat: 29g
- Sodium: 4032mg
- Carbs: 227g
- Fiber: 15g
- Sugar: 51g
- Protein: 305g
Calories in each 500g serving (if you make 6):
- Calories: 453
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8g
- Sodium: 672mg
- Carbs: 37.8g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sugar: 8.5g
- Protein: 50.8g