It’s time to dust off your slow cooker! This Slow Cooker Chicken and Biscuits recipes comes packed with over 300 grams of protein, it’s easy to portion out for meal prep, and tastes just as good as it looks (if not better)!
Start this one with…your slow cooker! Crazy, right? Throw a liner in it to save some time cleaning up if you have one.
Add into the bottom 1/2 a chopped up yellow onion, 2 1/2 pounds of chopped up chicken breast, a little black pepper, a little salt, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 1 cup of chopped up celery, 1 16 ounce bag of mixed frozen vegetables, 2 small cans or 1 big can of 98% fat free cream of chicken, and 3 cups of a low sodium chicken broth.
Part 1: Chicken
Lightly mix together the ingredients on top of your chicken and throw your lid on. The goal here is to just keep your chicken submerged.
Cook your soon to be slow cooker chicken and biscuits on high for around 3 1/2 hours.
Part 2: Chicken and Biscuits
Take out a can of biscuit dough. I just went with the standard today but any of them should work. The can I used was 10 ounces.
Open it up (terrifying!), break that dough into pieces, and add those pieces into your slow cooker chicken and biscuits!
Sprinkle on 1/4 cup of some grated parmesan cheese and throw your cover back on for around an hour or until your slow cooker chicken and biscuits look cooked.
For this recipe I usually make 6 servings and each serving is around 500 grams. Too much or too little? Scale it below!
Every slow cooke recipe needs a dessert so don’t forget to try our Fudge Brownie Protein Bars next!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Biscuits
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ½ Yellow Onion - Chopped
- 2 ½ Pounds Chicken Breast - Chopped
- Black Pepper - Your choice
- Salt - Your choice
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Celery - Chopped
- 1 Bag Mixed Vegetables - 16 Ounces Frozen
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken - or 2 Small Cans 22.6 Ounces Total (98% Fat Free)
- 24 Ounces Bone Broth - Low Sodium Chicken
- 1 Can Biscuit Dough - 10 Ounces
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese - Grated
- Throw a liner in your slow cooker for easy clean up (if you have them)
- Add in your Chopped Onion on the bottom
- Place your Chopped Chicken Breast on top of your Onion
- Add in the rest of your ingredients aside from your Biscuit Dough and Parmesan Cheese
- Lightly mix together the ingredients on top of your Chicken
- Cook those on High for 3 1/2 hours
- Break up your Biscuit Dough into small pieces and add those in (you can mix them in if you want but it’s not needed)
- Sprinkle on your Parmesan Cheese
- Cook on High for an additional 1 Hour
- Calories: 2722
- Fat: 66g
- Saturated Fat: 29g
- Sodium: 4032mg
- Carbs: 227g
- Fiber: 15g
- Sugar: 51g
- Protein: 305g
- Calories: 453
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8g
- Sodium: 672mg
- Carbs: 37.8g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sugar: 8.5g
- Protein: 50.8g