Today we’re stealing the crunch from our salad for this delicious and easy Crispy Crouton Chicken Tenders recipe! This quick meal prep is packed with flavor, easy to make, and made with just 5 simple ingredients that you probably already have!
To make these you’re going to need 70 grams of your choice flavor croutons (half a regular bag). I went with garden herb today but you really can’t go wrong with any flavor!
Put those croutons right into a food processor and process them until they look like bread crumbs.
Add that crouton mix into a bowl with 20 grams of grated parmesan cheese and 2 grams of garlic powder which is optional.
Mix those together, put them off to the side, and take out another bowl for your wet mix.
In that bowl mix together 2 large whole eggs.
Add 1 pound of chicken tenderloins or chopped up chicken breast into your egg mix.
Find your air fryer basket and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray.
Crouton Chicken Breading
Remove your chicken from your egg mix and coat each piece with your dry mix. Remember to let the excess egg mix drip off before rolling it around in your dry mix!
Repeat until your mixes are gone and your chicken tenders are fully coated.
Coat the top of your crispy crouton chicken tenders with some non-stick cooking spray and put your chicken into the air fryer on 400F/204C for around 12-14 minutes.
Make sure to cook your chicken until it reaches 165F/73C.
Alternatively you can bake these in the oven on a baking sheet at 450F/232C for 12-14 minutes as long as you make sure to flip them halfway through!
Ready for dessert? How about our new Cottage Cheese Cheesecake recipe?
Crispy Crouton Chicken Tenders
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Pound Chicken Tenderloins
- 20 Tablespoons Croutons
- 4 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- In one bowl mix together your Eggs
- In another bowl mix together everything else
- Add your Chicken Tenderloins into your egg mix
- Coat your air fryer basket with some non-stick cooking spray
- Remove each piece of tenderloin from your egg mix (let the excess drip off) and roll it around in your dry mix until fully coated
- Place your coated tenderloins onto your air fryer basket
- Repeat until your mixes are gone
- Coat the top of your tenderloins with some non-stick cooking spray (maximizes the crispiness)
- Put them into your air fryer on 400F/204C for 12-14 minutes or until your cooking thermometer reaches 165F/73C
- Optionally flip them over halfway through cooking
- Do all of the same steps as the air fryer but instead of an air fryer basket use a baking pan
- Put them into the oven on 450F/232C for 12-14 minutes
- Flip them halfway through cooking
- Calories: 900
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 1604mg
- Carbs: 52g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 110g