The warmer weather is finally here and that means more time on the grill and less time meal prepping inside! This easy Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala recipe is super quick to prep, you get a lot of bang for your buck, and the macros are awesome!
Start this one by trimming the fat off of 3 pounds of chicken breast and cutting them in half lengthwise (around 1/4” thick).
Season those pieces with a little salt & pepper, add some oil into a pan, and cook your chicken on both sides for a couple minutes. This is optional but preferred.
Optionally line your slow cooker for easy clean up and add your chicken into it.
Follow that with 1 cup of chicken broth, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, 1 cup of marsala cooking wine, and 2-3 cups of some sliced mushrooms (I like a mix of portobello and white).
Throw your lid on and slow cook your slow cooker chicken marsala on low heat for around 4 hours if you cooked it or 5 hours if you didn’t.
After 4 hours
Remove your chicken and mix together 8 tablespoons of corn starch and 2/3 cup of water. Pour that in with 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning and mix everything together until smooth.
Put your chicken back in and slow cook it on high heat for 30-40 minutes or until your sauce thickens up.
Add and lightly mix in 1/2 cup of heavy cream, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
I usually portion this slow cooker chicken marsala out into 6 servings and each serving is usually around 500 grams. This number can vary so just use it as a rough estimate!
Like this one? Try our Slow Cooker Pizza recipe out next!
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 3 Pounds Chicken Breast - 48 Ounces
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Bone Broth - 8 Ounces Reduced Sodium Chicken
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Cooking Wine - 8 Ounces Marsala
- 2-3 Cups Mushrooms - Sliced (Your Choice)
- 8 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- ⅔ Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream - 4 Ounces
- Black Pepper
- Trim the fat off of your Chicken Breast and cut them in half lengthwise
- Optionally season your Chicken Breast with a little Salt & Pepper, add some Olive Oil into a pan, and cook both sides of your Chicken Breast for a couple minutes
- Add your Chicken Breast into your slow cooker followed by your Broth, Garlic, Wine, and Mushrooms
- Cook on Low for 4 hours or 5 hours if you didn’t cook your chicken before adding it in
- Remove your Chicken Breast
- Mix together your Corn Starch and Water
- Add that mix into your slow cooker with your Italian Seasoning and mix until smooth
- Put your Chicken Breast back in and cook it on High for 30-40 minutes or until your sauce thickens up
- Lightly mix in your Heavy Cream, Salt, and Pepper
- Calories: 2376
- Fat: 80g
- Saturated Fat: 32g
- Sodium: 2711mg
- Carbs: 80g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 334g
- Calories: 396
- Fat: 13.3g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3g
- Sodium: 451.8mg
- Carbs: 13.3g
- Fiber: .8g
- Sugar: .5g
- Protein: 55.6g