Craving some spicy chicken nuggets from your local fast food establishment? Satisfy those unhealthy cravings with some healthy Sriracha Chicken Nuggets! This homemade nugget recipe is packed with protein, easy to make, and absolutely delicious.
For this recipe you’ll need a bowl for your dry ingredients, a bowl for your wet ingredients, something to bake your nuggets on like a baking sheet, and your spicy cravings!
First thing you’re going to do is to trim the fat off of 4 pounds of chicken breast and cut them into whatever sized Sriracha chicken nuggets you want.
In your first bowl for your dry ingredients add 1/2 cup of rolled oats turned into oat flour, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, 10 tablespoons of parmesan grated cheese, and 1 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs.
Make your own homemade oat flour by simply blending or processing your rolled oats until they look like flour! Easy, right?
Lightly mix those dry ingredients together.
In your second bowl for your wet ingredients add 2 large whole eggs, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise, and 8 teaspoons of chili sauce.
Mix those wet ingredients together until your eggs are fully incorporated.
Take out your baking sheet or whatever you’re using and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray. You could also optionally use a cooling/baking rack inside your baking sheet to prevent them from getting “soggy”.
Dunk/roll around each piece of your chicken in your wet mix then into your dry mix. Repeat until all of your Sriracha chicken nuggets are coated.
Put your nuggets into the oven on 375F/190C for around 20-25 minutes. Remember that this time can change depending on the size of your Sriracha chicken nuggets.
Remove them from the oven and get ready to satisfy those spicy nugget cravings!
Ready for dessert? How about some Protein Sweet Potato Cake!?
Sriracha Chicken Nuggets
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats
- 4 Pounds Chicken Breast
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs - Whole Wheat
- 10 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese - Grated
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Mayonnaise - Reduced Fat
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic - or 4 Cloves Garlic
- 8 Teaspoons Chili Sauce - Sriracha
- Cut your Chicken Breast into small, nugget sized pieces (however big you want your chicken nuggets)
- Turn your Rolled Oats into oat flour by blending or processing them until they look like flour
- Take out a bowl and add in your Oat Flour, Bread Crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, and Black Pepper into it
- Lightly mix everything together
- Take out another bowl and add in your Mayonnaise, Olive Oil, Eggs, Minced Garlic, and Sriracha
- Mix those together
- Take out a baking sheet and coat it with non-stick cooking spray
- Roll each piece of chicken around in your wet mix then in your dry mix a few times before putting it onto your baking sheet
- Bake them on 375F/190C for 20-25 minutes
- Calories: 3572
- Fat: 108g
- Saturated Fat: 23g
- Sodium: 4450mg
- Carbs: 103g
- Fiber: 13g
- Sugar: 19g
- Protein: 547g
- Calories: 357
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3g
- Sodium: 445mg
- Carbs: 10.3g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Protein: 54.7g