One of my favorite seasonal recipes, Low Fat Pumpkin Butter! This healthy pumpkin butter goes great on just about anything, is packed with both fiber and protein, and tastes even better than it looks!
You’re going to start this one on the stove. Take out a large pan, turn your burner on medium-high, and let that heat up for a bit.
Add right into your pan 1 can of pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce, 1/4 cup of a sugar free maple flavored syrup, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 3 teaspoons of light brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
*Double or triple this recipe as needed and store whatever you have leftover for next time!
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger & Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Allspice & Cloves
Mix everything around and let it cook for a couple minutes on medium-high. Once your low fat pumpkin butter starts to bubble/simmer you’ll want to turn your heat down to low-medium.
Let it continue to cook on low-medium heat for 20-25 minutes while occasionally stirring it, it’ll thicken up as it cooks.
Turn your burner off and mix in 3 scoops of a vanilla protein powder. It should mix in fairly easy.
You could also use another complimenting flavor protein powder like a chocolate protein powder for more of a chocolate pumpkin taste! Think outside the box here and you’ll have multiple variations.
Let your butter cool and take out some storage containers, I like these half pint mason jars for this recipe.
Evenly distribute your mix into your containers, cover them, and store them in the fridge. This recipe should last around 7-10 days, if not longer.
Ready for the next level? Top our delicious Protein Pumpkin Pancakes with this low fat pumpkin butter!
Low Fat Pumpkin Butter
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 15 Ounces Pumpkin Puree
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- ¼ Cup Syrup - Maple Flavored Sugar Free
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 ½ Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Teaspoons Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Scoops Protein Powder - Vanilla Protein Powder
- Take out a large stovetop pan and turn your burner on Medium-High heat
- Add in all of your ingredients aside from your Protein Powder and mix everything together
- Once your mix starts to bubble turn your burner down to Low-Medium heat and let your mix simmer for 20-25 minutes while occasionally stirring it
- After 20-25 minutes turn your burner off, add in your Protein Powder, and mix everything together
- Store your mix in mason jars once it cools
- Calories: 822
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 692mg
- Carbs: 100g
- Fiber: 37g
- Sugar: 56g
- Protein: 92g
- Calories: 82
- Fat: .6g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 69.2mg
- Carbs: 10g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Sugar: 5.6g
- Protein: 9.2g
Leave a Comment