Today we’re gonna make a quick SPANISH OMELETTE! Most of you probably have no idea what this is so I’ll just say this…it’s delicious, has great macros, and you can reheat them so they’re great for meal prep!!!
First you’ll need an 8’’ pan (link here to mine). This one is perfect and was only 20 bucks. You could also double this recipe and use a bigger pan if you don’t have or don’t wanna buy a smaller one.
Now this step is optional, add in a little olive oil into your pan and once it heats up throw in some chopped up onion of your choice. Cook that until it’s tender. You could skip this part and just use raw onion if you’re lazy, both ways taste great.
Next take out a bowl and add into that 5 large eggs, 2 tablespoons of bacon bits, 1/4 cup of cheese, and your cooked or raw chopped up onion. If you wanna add anything else in like seasonings or other vegetables do that now. Mix everything together. After that take out some sweet potatoes that you can microwave (the steamable bags work GREAT). Microwave them, chop one up into cubes, and lightly mix it in being careful not to “smoosh” it. Did I really just say smoosh?
Once that’s done pour your mix into your pan coated with olive oil over medium heat and let it cook for a few minutes. Every minute or so you’ll wanna circle a spatula around the edges to give it some shape. You’re ready to flip it when the outer edges look cooked/they don’t jiggle. The most important part here is to use a plate that fits around your pan. Place the plate over your pan and quickly flip it. Slide your omelette back into your pan and continue cooking for a couple minutes.
So there you go, you now have a quick Spanish omelette (or at least my rendition of it). One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you can cut it in half or into slices and use it for meal prep. Reheat it in the microwave for around a minute and you’re good to go.
What kind of things will you add into yours? Let me know in the comments below!
8’’ Fry Pan by Calphalon Select (awesome pan): http://bit.ly/2oNiPdY
Here is the recipe:
- 5 Large Whole Eggs (You could use a couple whole eggs and Egg Whites instead)
- Your Choice Onion (However much you want)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons (14g) Bacon Bits
- 1/4 Cup (28g) Fat Free Cheese (or Reduced/Full Fat)
- 1 Sweet Potato (Mine was 130g)
Calories in the whole:
- Calories: 619
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 642mg
- Carbs: 35g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 50g
This omelette is BIG so I would consider it 2 servings which makes each serving around 309 calories!
How to make:
- Take out an 8’’ pan
- Chop up your Onion and cook it with a little Olive Oil over medium heat until tender/soft (or don’t and just add your Onion in raw…both ways are great)
- Mix together your Eggs, Bacon Bits, and Cheese
- Microwave your Sweet Potato and chop it up into cubes
- Lightly mix your cubed Sweet Potato into your egg mix
- Pour your mix into your pan coated with Olive Oil over Medium Heat and cook for a few minutes or until the edges don’t “jiggle”
- Remove from the heat and flip your omelette onto a plate that covers the whole top of your pan (do this as quick as possible)
- Slide your omelette back into your pan and continue cooking for another couple minutes
- Add whatever seasonings or vegetables you want into it!
- Meal prep them! They reheat great in the microwave.