Today, we take your omelette game to the next level with this Quick Spanish Omelette recipe! It’s delicious, has great macros, is meal prep friendly, and tastes just as good cold.
The only thing you’ll need is an omelette pan and a few ingredients. I’m using an 8” pan but whatever size you have should work as long as you “shape” your omelette correctly.
You could also double this recipe and use a bigger pan if you don’t have or don’t want to buy a smaller one.
Start your recipe by adding in a little olive oil into your pan and once it heats up throw in some chopped up onions of your choice. Cook those until tender.
This step is optional but preferred and doesn’t really take that long. If you don’t have the time, skip this part and just use raw onion. Both ways taste great!
Next, take out a bowl and add into that 5 large eggs, 2 tablespoons of bacon bits, 1/4 cup of cheese, and your cooked or raw chopped up onions.
If you want to add anything else in like seasonings or other vegetables, do that now.
Mix everything together.
Microwave a sweet potato (or cook it in the oven if you have the time), chop it up into cubes, and lightly mix it in being careful not to “smoosh” it.
Yes, I said smoosh.
To make this step even easier, you could prepare your sweet potatoes in bulk and reheat them as needed.
Spanish Omelette Shape
Pour your mix into your pan coated with olive oil over medium heat and let that cook for a few minutes. Every minute or so you’ll want to circle a spatula around the edges to give it some shape.
You’ll know your quick Spanish omelette is ready to flip when the outer edges look cooked and they don’t jiggle.
Place a plate over your pan and quickly flip it. Slide your omelette back into your pan and continue cooking for a couple minutes.
The most important part here is to use a plate that fits around your pan.
You now have a quick Spanish omelette…or at least my rendition of it! One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you can cut it in half or into slices and use it for meal prep.
You can also eat this cold or easily reheat it in the microwave for around a minute.
Let me know what kind of things will you add into yours below in the comments!
Ready to try our Cheesy Tuna Omelette next?
Quick Spanish Omelette
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 5 Large Whole Eggs - You could use a couple whole eggs and Egg Whites instead
- Onion - Your Choice/However much you want
- ½ Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Bacon Bits
- ¼ Cup Cheese - Fat Free (or Reduced/Full Fat) Your Choice
- 1 Sweet Potato - Mine was 130g
- Take out an 8’’ pan
- Chop up your Onion and cook it with a little Olive Oil over medium heat until tender/soft (or don’t and just add your Onion in raw…both ways are great)
- Mix together your Eggs, Bacon Bits, and Cheese
- Microwave your Sweet Potato and chop it up into cubes
- Lightly mix your cubed Sweet Potato into your egg mix
- Pour your mix into your pan coated with Olive Oil over Medium Heat and cook for a few minutes or until the edges don’t “jiggle”
- Remove from the heat and flip your omelette onto a plate that covers the whole top of your pan (do this as quick as possible)
- Slide your omelette back into your pan and continue cooking for another couple minutes
- Calories: 619
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 642mg
- Carbs: 35g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 50g