Are you ready to make your own healthy protein bars at home?! These Simple Baked Protein Bars are inexpensive, only take a few ingredients to make, and come with endless variations! If you’re looking for a delicious and quick protein bar recipe, this is the one to try.
You’ll need a baking dish (8×8 preferred), something to mix your ingredients in like a shaker bottle, and an oven to make this.
Add right into whatever you’re using to mix your ingredients in 4 large egg whites, 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce, 2 scoops of your choice flavor protein powder, 2 packets of your choice sweetener, 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, and 1/4 cup of rolled oats.
Choose a flavor protein powder that compliments your peanut butter!
Mix all of those ingredients together until everything for your simple baked protein bars is incorporated.
Take out your baking dish, coat it with some non-stick cooking spray, and pour your mix in. Make sure to evenly distribute your mix across your dish if it’s thick.
You can easily change up the size and shape of your protein bars by using various size dishes. Keep in mind here that your baking time may also change depending on the size dish you’re using. Thicker bars? Add more time! Thinner? Subtract some time!
Top your bars with anything else you want before the oven and bake them on 350F/176C for around 20 minutes. Once the edge pull away from the sides your simple baked protein bars are done.
Remove them from the oven and optionally top them. I topped mine with some light whipped cream and ground cinnamon today.
Protein Bar Tips
- Top it with Greek yogurt, protein frosting, a nut butter, etc
- Make sure to use ingredients (protein) that tastes good
- Mix and match all of your flavors to have endless variations
- Blend the oats/use oat flour if you want a smoother bar
Simple Baked Protein Bars
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder - Your Choice Flavor
- 4 Large Egg Whites
- 2 Packets Sweetener - 0 calorie
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
- ¼ Cup Rolled Oats
- ¼ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Mix all of your ingredients together
- Pour your mix into an 8×8 baking dish that’s coated with non-stick cooking spray
- Throw it in the oven on 350F/176C for 20:00 minutes (or until it looks done/pulls away from the edges)
- Calories: 595
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 620mg
- Carbs: 39g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 16g
- Protein: 76g