Ready for a healthy spin to one of my favorite quick meals? This Healthy Fajita Meatloaf is not just quick to make but low in fat and absolutely delicious! If you’re looking for a high protein meatloaf recipe to try, this is the one!
Start this meatloaf by adding right into a large mixing bowl 2 pounds of lean ground beef or turkey (I like 93/7), 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 2 large whole eggs, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, 1 packet of fajita seasoning mix, 1/2 cup of a Mexican blend cheese, 1/2 cup of chopped red onion, 1 chopped yellow bell pepper, and 1 chopped green bell pepper.
Don’t have fajita seasoning? Make your own!
Homemade Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin, Black Pepper, Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
However big you want to chop your vegetables is completely up to you. The bigger the cut, the bigger the crunch in your healthy fajita meatloaf!
You can also add other vegetables into your mix, garlic, fresh herbs, spices, and so on. Think outside the box and you’ll have endless healthy fajita meatloaf variations.
Mix all of those ingredients together good. I use a hand to do this but a spoon or any other mixing utensil will work great.
Coat at least a 9×5 pan (this one works great) with some non-stick cooking spray and press your mix into it.
Want more servings? Use multiple pans or scale the recipe below into a bigger pan. Keep in mind, the bigger the pan is…the longer it’ll take to cook.
Put your healthy fajita meatloaf into the oven on 350F/176C for 1 hour.
Take your meatloaf out after 1 hour and top it with 10 tablespoons of your favorite salsa, some sour cream, guacamole, and/or cheese.
Pro tip? Add some heat to the recipe by using a hot salsa!
Ready for dessert? Pair this healthy fajita meatloaf recipe with some Protein Cheesecake.
Healthy Fajita Meatloaf
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef - 97% Lean (or Ground Turkey)
- 2 Large Whole Eggs - or 4 Large Egg Whites
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats - or Wheat Germ
- 1.25 Ounces Fajita Seasoning Mix - Low Sodium
- ½ Cup Mexican Cheese - Reduced Fat
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ Cup Red Onion
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 10 Tablespoons Salsa
- Chop up your Red Onion, Yellow Pepper, and Green Pepper
- Add all of your ingredients into a large bowl and mix everything together
- Take out at least a 9×5 pan, coat it with some non-stick cooking spray, and add your mix in
- Put your meatloaf into the oven on 350F/176C for 1 hour
- Top it with your Salsa before cutting it
- Calories: 1625
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 1298mg
- Carbs: 79g
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 20g
- Protein: 244g
- Calories: 203
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Sodium: 162.2mg
- Carbs: 9.8g
- Fiber: .8g
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Protein: 30.5g