When we hear the word “fiber” in relation to diet I’m almost certain the majority of us relate it to a bowel movement. Yes, fiber definitely helps us finish those toilets readers, catch up on Instagram, or get some extra time on Reddit in but it also does A LOT more than that. Here are the top 7 reasons I think you need to include more fiber in your diet:
First off dietary fiber is for the most part (or what most of us know) found in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes. It is NOT digested or absorbed by the body but it passes through it much like you pass through a city to get to a new destination (or toilet).
There is soluble (dissolves in water) and insoluble (doesn’t dissolve) fiber.
Now moving on to WHY you need fiber in your diet:
- Would you rather sit on one of those hard plastic classroom chairs from the 80’s or your Grandpa’s old La-Z-Boy chair (because we know he had one)? Dietary fiber not only helps produce a regular bowel movement but helps soften it as well.
- Studies (old and new) have shown that it helps lower your BAD cholesterol (LDL).
- Helps control your blood sugar (glucose) levels.
- Studies have shown recently that it prevents colon cancer by helping maintain an optimal pH (acidity) in your intestines.
- It helps you feel full! This is great when you’re trying to lose weight since it allows you to eat meals that are bigger/denser!
- If you drive a car all the time you’re constantly re-fueling, right? If you let the car sit for awhile you’ll most likely need to replace the gas. Fiber helps you keep your bowels “fresh” or rather healthy. Healthy bowels are happy bowels.
- You’ll get more “you” time on the toilet thus meaning you’ll be paid to read, go on Instagram, Reddit, Facebook, or whatever else you like to do during “you” time. Being paid to poop (PtP time) is more than enough reason alone to include more fiber in your diet!
The last thing you’re probably wondering is “so how much fiber do I need”? My recommendation:
- Women: 25-35g
- Men: 30-50g
Purchase The Protein Chef Baking Protein Powder here:
Or at Vitamin Shoppe here:
Having trouble finding a specific INGREDIENT? Links to purchase most of my ingredients can be found here:
Want to find a PRODUCT that I use or purchase it? Links to most of the items I use in my kitchen can be found here: