We continue on our path to creating everything and anything in our Slow Cooker. That road continues today with these super easy and macro friendly Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes!
Start this one by heating up around a tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat in a pan on your stovetop.
Once that heats up, add in 1 chopped up green bell pepper, 1 chopped up red bell pepper, 1/2 a chopped up onion, and 2 teaspoons of minced garlic.
You can choose to add in other vegetables but this is usually my choice for these slow cooker sloppy joes.
Let those cook for a couple minutes.
Add in 2 pounds of a lean ground beef or turkey and cook that until browned. You want to make sure as you’re cooking it to break it up as much as you can.
Now if you’re using a lean enough meat, there’s a chance you won’t need to drain it. If there does happen to be a lot of liquid leftover from using a fattier meat, you’ll want to drain that a bit.
Slow Cooker Time
Take out your slow cooker, optionally line, and add that mix in.
Follow that mix with 1 can of a low sodium tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic seasoning, 1/4 cup of ketchup, 4 tablespoons of a tomato paste, 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 teaspoons of mustard, a little black pepper, and a little salt.
Mix all of those ingredients together!
Hungry yet? Throw your lid on and let your slow cooker sloppy joes cook on low for 4 hours.
Finish by portioning out however many servings you’re looking for.
What will you throw your slow cooker sloppy joes into? Let me know in the comments below! Depending on my macros for that day, I’ll usually either go:
- Low carb wrap
- Delicious bun
- SLOPPY JOES SALAD!
- Lettuce wrap
Try our delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu next!
Easy Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Green Pepper - Chopped
- 1 Red Pepper - Chopped
- ½ Onion - Chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef - or Turkey (I used 96/4) 32 Ounces
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce - Low Sodium 15 Ounces/425g
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Seasoning
- 4 Tablespoons Ketchup - Look for low sugar 68g
- 4 Tablespoons Tomato Paste - 66g
- 2 Tablespoons Honey - 42g
- 2 Teaspoons Mustard - 10g
- Black Pepper
- Heat up your Olive Oil in a pan on Medium Heat
- Chop and cook your Bell Peppers, Onion, and Garlic in that pan for a couple minutes
- Add in and brown your Beef or Turkey
- Drain your Beef or Turkey mixture if you didn’t use a lean meat
- Throw a liner in your slow cooker for easy clean up (if you have them)
- Add all of your ingredients including your meat mixture into your slow cooker
- Mix everything together
- Put your slow cooker on Low Heat for 4 hours
- Calories: 1726
- Fat: 50g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Sodium: 2934mg
- Carbs: 115g
- Fiber: 16g
- Sugar: 71g
- Protein: 204g
- Calories: 215
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Sodium: 366.7mg
- Carbs: 14.3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 8.8g
- Protein: 25.5g