Bring fajitas to your slow cooker with this easy Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas recipe! This high protein meal prep recipe is quick to make, cheap, and packed with great macros!
Start this recipe by taking out a slow cooker (this is the one I use) and optionally lining it. Lining it will save you time and make cleaning up a breeze!
Add into your slow cooker 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 large jar of salsa, 2 teaspoons of lime juice, 1 can of drained & rinsed black beans, 2 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 1 packet of low sodium fajita seasoning mix, 1/2 cup chopped red onion, 1/2 cup chopped green pepper, 1/2 cup chopped yellow pepper, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 3 pounds of chicken breast.
Make sure to trim the fat off of your chicken breast. I also like to cut them in half for this slow cooker chicken fajitas recipe.
Mix all of those ingredients together.
Homemade Fajita Seasoning
Make your own seasoning mix by mixing together the following ingredients:
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin, Black Pepper, Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
Pro tip? Use whatever salsa you want. Thick, chunky, restaurant style, mild, medium, hot…the choice is yours!
Cover your slow cooker and let your slow cooker chicken fajitas cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or low heat for 6-8 hours.
This step is optional but preferred. With around an hour left you can shred your chicken. To do this all you have to do is stick 2 forks into each piece of chicken and pull them apart until shredded.
This slow cooker chicken fajitas recipe tastes great as is but to step your game up even more you can use it as a tortilla filling. My favorite toppings? Cheese and sour cream or plain Greek yogurt! Let me know yours in the comments below.
Ready for dessert? How about some Protein Banana Bread!?
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 15 Ounces Black Beans - 425g Reduced Sodium (or Dark Red Kidney Beans)
- 2 Teaspoons Lime Juice
- 16 Ounces Salsa
- 14.5 Ounces Diced Tomatoes - 411g No Salt Added
- 2 ½ Teaspoons Minced Garlic - or 5 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Packet Fajita Seasoning Mix - 1.12 Ounces/31g Low Sodium
- ½ Cup Red Onion
- ½ Cup Green Pepper
- ½ Cup Yellow Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 3 Pounds Chicken Breast - 48 Ounces
- Drain and rinse your Black Beans
- Chop up your Red Onion, Green Pepper, and Yellow Pepper
- Trim the fat off of and cut your Chicken Breast in half
- Add all of your ingredients into your slow cooker
- Mix everything around
- Turn your slow cooker on High for 3-4 hours or Low for 6-8 hours
- Calories: 2256
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 3930mg
- Carbs: 174g
- Fiber: 41g
- Sugar: 51g
- Protein: 318g
- Calories: 451
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 986mg
- Carbs: 34.8g
- Fiber: 8.2g
- Sugar: 10.2g
- Protein: 63.6g