Most morning routines consist of ingesting coffee beans in some way, shape, or form…today we add to that arsenal with this Cold Brew Mug Cake. If you want another way to take in your coffee or a great little quick snack that has a boost this recipe is for you and it’s low carb too so lets jump right into it!
To start coat a mug with some non-stick cooking spray and add into it 1 large egg, 2 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder, 1 scoop of your favorite chocolate Labrada protein powder or change it up with other flavors, 1 tablespoon of sour cream or Greek yogurt (in my opinion sour cream works better for this recipe), 2 ounces of cold brew, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, and a little salt.
Go ahead and mix all of those together until smooth. Put your mug in the microwave for around 1 1/2 to 2 minutes depending on how powerful your microwave is.
All of my products: https://shop.theproteinchef.co/
Yes, this is delicious and YES, it’ll give you a boost. The caffeine content in this if you use a decently concentrated cold brew is around 75-100mg. You could also use regular coffee or espresso if you don’t have cold brew on hand!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 2 Tablespoons (14g) Coconut Flour
- 1 Tablespoon (5g) Cocoa Powder
- 1 Scoop Favorite Flavor Labrada Nutrition Protein Powder
- 1 Tablespoon (15g) Light/Fat Free Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 2 Ounces Cold Brew or Coffee/Espresso
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- A little Salt
How to make:
- Coat a mug with some non-stick cooking spray
- Add all of your ingredients into it
- Mix everything together
- Microwave for around 1 1/2-2 minutes
- Top it with some peanut butter!
- Take it out of the microwave once it rises (keep an eye on it for next time)!
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 299
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 306mg
- Carbs: 16g (Net Carbs: 9g)
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 34g