It’s times to take out the air conditioner, drink some pumpkin flavored coffee, and my favorite? Start wearing flannel again! With this change of season comes fall recipes and today we start those with a Quick Chicken Pumpkin Chili recipe! This healthy pumpkin chili is great for meal prep and packed with protein.
Start this one by taking out a large pot, turning your burner on medium heat, and adding in 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
Let that heat up then add in 1/2 chopped yellow onion, 1 chopped green bell pepper, and 4 teaspoons of minced garlic.
Sauté these in your pot until tender, this should only take a few minutes.
Remove your sautéed vegetables and add in 2 pounds of chopped up chicken breast. Let that cook for around 5-10 minutes.
Add what you sautéed back in, 1 big can of low sodium diced tomatoes, 1 can of pumpkin puree, 1 1/2 cups of a low sodium chicken broth or water, 1/2 tablespoon of chili powder, 1/2 tablespoon of ground cumin, 1 can of low sodium drained kidney beans, and 1 can of low sodium drained white beans.
Mix everything together!
Cover and let your quick chicken pumpkin chili simmer on for around 30 minutes.
You probably wouldn’t think chicken would be compatible with pumpkin, especially in a chili recipe. After making this, I can promise you that you’ll never think that again! It’s packed with flavor and the pumpkin adds another dimension to the chili while adding even more fiber.
Bonus? You can add in other vegetables or spices to change things up when you get bored!
Ready for a healthy pumpkin dessert after this quick pumpkin chili recipe? Try our Protein Pumpkin Pie Balls next.
Quick Chicken Pumpkin Chili
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ Yellow Onion - Chopped
- 1 Green Pepper - Chopped
- 4 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 2 Pounds Chicken Breast
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes - 28 Ounces Low Sodium
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree - 15 Ounces
- 12 Ounces Bone Broth - Low Sodium or Water
- ½ Tablespoon Chili Powder
- ½ Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Can Kidney Beans - 15.5 Ounces Low Sodium Dark Red
- 1 Can White Beans - 15.5 Ounces Low Sodium
- Take out a large pot, turn your burner on Medium Heat, and add in your Olive Oil
- Chop up and sauté your Yellow Onion, Green Pepper, and Minced Garlic once your pot heats up
- Put that mix off to your side, chop up your Chicken Breast, and cook your chopped up Chicken Breast in your pot for around 5-10 minutes
- Drain your beans and add the rest of your ingredients into your pot
- Mix everything together, cover, and let it simmer for 30 minutes
- Calories: 2997
- Fat: 49g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 1810mg
- Carbs: 329g
- Fiber: 110g
- Sugar: 60g
- Protein: 310g
- Calories: 499
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 301.6mg
- Carbs: 54.8g
- Fiber: 18.3g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 51.6g