Guess what? Today is the day we finally get the recipe ball rolling with a new slow cooker recipe. Super simple Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas that only need a few ingredients and take just a few minutes to prep!
First you’ll need a slow cooker and optional liner to make clean up even easier. Next you’ll need your vegetables. You can chop up some fresh bell peppers and an onion or keep it simple and just buy a bag of frozen fajita vegetables.
Dump half of your vegetables into your slow cooker then follow with 3 pounds of fat trimmed chicken breast, 1/2 packet of fajita or taco seasoning mix, an ounce of lime juice, tablespoon of honey, tablespoon of minced garlic, can of diced tomatoes, and the other half of your fajita vegetables.
Lightly mix those up and throw your slow cooker on high for 3 hours. After 3 hours your chicken breast should be ready to shred so go ahead and do that then continue cooking on low heat for an hour.
Don’t forget to check all of our other slow cooker recipes out. We even have a higher carb Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas recipe!
You can add this recipe to pretty much anything. Quinoa, rice, low carb wraps, or keep it traditional and throw some in a tortilla with your favorite toppings!
Low Carb Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Bag Fajita Vegetables - Frozen or Fresh Bell Peppers & Onion 20 Ounces
- 3 Pounds Chicken Breast - 48 Ounces
- ½ Packet Taco Seasoning Mix - or Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1 Ounce Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes - 14.5 Ounces (Use 10 Ounces for less liquid)
- Trim the fat off your Chicken Breast
- Add all of your ingredients into your slow cooker starting with half of your Vegetables and finishing with the other half
- Lightly mix everything together
- Cook on high for 3 hours
- Shred your Chicken Breast
- Cook on low for an hour
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 373.5mg
- Carbs: 14.8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 6.6g
- Protein: 53.8g
- Calories: 1756
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 2241mg
- Carbs: 89g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar: 40g
- Protein: 323g