Oh…HEY, don’t mind me I’m just saving some time in the kitchen by using one of the many “life hacks” that I know. Speaking of saving time…since that’s what this website’s all about, how about I share some of those “hacks” with you guys?
1. We’re gonna jump right into it with something you’ve probably been asked to do if you have even an ounce of muscle on you. Open a jar that’s just too tight. A quick solution for those tight jars? Wrap a rubber band around the lid to give you a better grip or use plastic wrap and turn.
2. So you’re making pancakes, crack an egg, look in the bowl, and your day is already ruined. Not anymore. All you need is half of the shell. Scoop the piece out and the shell will act like a magnet. No more washing another spoon!
3. Freshly brewed coffee? Delicious! Water? Great! Freshly brewed coffee + water together = bad. A simple solution to not watering down your coffee if you don’t drink it hot? Buy a couple extra ice trays and make some coffee ice cubes.
4. Gordon Ramsay might ban you from his kitchen for using kitchen shears the way I use them but you can save a ton time and you won’t need to clean a cutting board. Kitchen shears will quickly cut asparagus or other vegetables, chicken or other meat into cubes, herbs, and so on. A good pair is only around $10-15 which you can buy by clicking right here. Another perk? You probably won’t chop off your finger using them.
5. The most annoying part of anything in the kitchen is the clean up. Maybe it’s just me but I HATE cleaning my blender more than anything. The easiest way I’ve found to clean it is to throw in a little water, some soap, and give it a quick blend. Rinse it out and you should be good to go.
6. Question? Texting an ex after you’ve had one too many drinks, good or bad? I’d guess the majority of you will say bad and for those that said good, cheers! Now as bad of an idea as that is, using a dull knife is even worse one. Extend the life of your relationship with your knife by simply washing it as soon as you’re done using it and drying it immediately after. Never put your knife in the dishwasher either, the high heat and detergent will ruin it.
7. Now we’re gonna end this with a tip that will save you some serious money depending on where you are. If your grocery store has an ethnic aisle or anything similar, head over to that. For the same herbs and spices you can pick up in the baking aisle, the prices in the ethnic aisle will be almost 50% cheaper (watch the video above to see proof). This is in every grocery store, at least where I live.
Alright guys, post what your favorite “hack” of this was OR let me know some of your other favorite life “hacks” below!!!