Take your sweet and savory meal prep to the next level with this easy to make Baked Pineapple Chicken recipe! Made with simple ingredients, high in protein, and packed with all the right flavors.
For this one you’re going to need a mixing bowl for your marinade, a bag or container to marinate, and a dish to bake your chicken in.
Start by taking out 3 pounds of chicken breast, trimming the fat off of them, and putting your chicken into a gallon sealable plastic bag or container.
Make your pineapple marinade by adding into your mixing bowl 20 ounces of unsweetened pineapple chunks, 2 tablespoons of a sugar free syrup, 2 tablespoons of a reduced sodium soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, 1/2 of a chopped up sweet onion, 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and 3-4 broken up slices of a naval orange.
Make sure to buy the pineapple chunks that are in “natural juice” to avoid added unnecessary sugar.
Mix all of those ingredients together then pour them into the bag or container with your chicken and seal it. As you seal it try and push all of the air out of the bag or container.
Move your chicken around a bit then put your chicken into the fridge to marinate for at least 2-5 hours.
Remove your chicken from the fridge and pour everything into your baking dish.
Throw your chicken into the oven and bake your baked pineapple chicken on 375F/190F for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature of your chicken is at least 165F/74C.
Ready for a pineapple dessert? Try our Protein Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Recipe!
Baked Pineapple Chicken
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 3 Pounds Chicken Breast
- 20 Ounces Pineapple - Unsweetened Chunks
- 2 Tablespoons Syrup - Sugar Free
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce - Reduced Sodium
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ Sweet Onion - Mine was 150g
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3-4 Slices Orange - Naval
- Chop up your Sweet Onion
- Cut your Orange Slices in half
- Combine all of your ingredients together aside from the Chicken Breast into a bowl
- Mix them together
- Add your Chicken Breast and mix into a 1 gallon bag
- Remove any air from the bag
- Mix everything together once the bag is sealed
- Let marinate in the fridge for 2-5 hours
- Remove and place everything into a baking dish
- Bake on 375F/190C for 45 minutes
- Calories: 1975
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 466mg
- Carbs: 91g
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 67g
- Protein: 378g