- Change up your cardio! We all know how boring cardio can get week after week. Instead of doing the same thing over and over, change it up. Do the stairs, bike, rower, treadmill (walking, running, incline walking), elliptical, jump rope, swimming, etc. Don’t limit yourself to just one type of cardio. If you do all that and are still “bored”, try changing the levels on the machine or setting small goals for yourself on each machine.
- Don’t over think what you are doing. You don’t need to read into every little thing. Simply do cardio, lift weights (depending on your goals), and eat right. The results will soon follow. It’s that easy. There is no “secret” method to losing weight. You don’t need to do the latest diet or buy the latest gadget in order to see results.
- Get your diet on track before anything else. If your diet is not on track, you will not see good results no matter how hard you work in the gym. Diet plays the biggest role in achieving your goals.
- Don’t put snack foods you can “grab and eat” in plain sight. Chances are if you do this, you will “snack” on them randomly. Either don’t buy them or put them out of sight. Snacking on things is a downfall in most peoples diets.
- Buy a food scale. You cannot “eye” most serving sizes and most of us think they are a lot bigger than they actually are. Another downfall to peoples diets.
- Move to liquor. Yes, just by moving to liquor you can lose weight. I had a good friend lose close to 20lbs just by switching to a low calorie liquor (most clear liquors are low calorie…vodka, gin, white rum, etc).
- Don’t fall for advertisements that state you can gain X amount of muscle in X amount of days. Simply put, it’s a waste of money.
- Write a list of weekly goals you’d like to achieve rather than striving for one big one. Reaching any goal will give you added motivation. The more goals you have, the easier it will be for you to find motivation.
Leave a Comment