It’s time to meal prep on your stovetop with a Quick Bodybuilding Turkey Chili! This high protein chili recipe is packed with flavor, healthy, and the best part? Doesn’t take all day to make!
Guess what? You don’t need a slow cooker to make this and you can make enough for the whole week!
Start this meal prep by taking out a stovetop pan big enough for all of your ingredients, turning your burner on medium heat, and adding in 1 1/2 tablespoons of some olive oil to it.
Once your pan heats up add in 1 package (20.8 ounces) of either lean ground beef or turkey and brown it. I like using 93/7 for this quick bodybuilding turkey chili recipe but anything above 90/10 should work great!
How To Brown Ground Beef or Turkey
All you have to do to brown it is to simply cook it. This should take around 5-10 minutes depending on how much you’re browning and what temperature you’re browning it on. Whatever seasonings you want to add is completely up to you.
Since we’re using a lean ground meat there shouldn’t be much fat leftover after browning it. If there is or you’re using a less lean meat you can optionally drain it. Do I drain it? Almost never as animal fat is healthy!
Once browned add in the rest of your ingredients starting with 2 cups of water, 1 can of drained & rinsed dark red kidney beans, 1 can drained & rinsed black beans, 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 1 large can of crushed tomatoes, 1 packet of chili seasoning mix, 6 tablespoons of diced green chiles, 1/2 chopped up red onion, and 1 chopped up red bell pepper.
While adding in your ingredients make sure to occasionally mix everything around so that nothing burns.
Want to lower the sodium in the recipe? Look for lower sodium ingredients like a reduced sodium chili seasoning mix.
You can also easily switch up the flavors of your quick bodybuilding turkey chili by using other vegetables, seasonings, and so on. Let us know your favorite chili variations in the comments below!
Mix all of those ingredients together and bring your chili to a boil. Bringing it to a boil should only take a couple minutes.
Turn your burner down to low heat once it starts to boil and cover your chili. Let your quick bodybuilding turkey chili simmer for 30-35 minutes.
Take your chili off the heat and top it with whatever you want! My favorite toppings? Cheese, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, and some bacon bits.
Pro tip? Spice it up by adding in a few tablespoons of some chili sauce!
How To Portion Your Chili
All I do to portion out this chili is weigh the entire recipe using a digital kitchen scale like this and divide by however many servings I want.
For example, if it weighs 60 ounces and you want 10 servings? Each serving would be 6 ounces. Pretty easy, right?
You can learn more about How To Portion Out Your Recipes and Create Serving Sizes here!
Quick Bodybuilding Turkey Chili
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1.3 Pounds Ground Turkey - 20.8 Ounces 93/7 Lean (or Lean Ground Beef)
- 2 Cups Water - 16 Ounces
- ½ Red Onion - Chopped
- 1 Red Pepper - Chopped
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Minced Garlic - or 3 Cloves Regular
- 6 Tablespoons Green Chiles - 90g Diced
- 28 Ounces Crushed Tomatoes - 794g
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 15 Ounces Black Beans - 425g Reduced Sodium
- 16 Ounces Kidney Beans - 454g Reduced Sodium Dark Red
- 1 Packet Chili Seasoning Mix - 1.25 Ounces/35g (Lowest sodium one you can find)
- Take out a large stovetop pan and turn your burner on Medium Heat
- Add in your Olive Oil and then let that heat up
- Once your pan heats up add in your Ground Turkey and brown it (which just means to cook it)
- After that has browned add in the rest of your ingredients while occasionally mixing everything together
- Bring your chili to a boil, cover, turn your burner on Low Heat, and let your chili simmer for 30-35 minutes
- Calories: 2317
- Fat: 69g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Sodium: 3646mg
- Carbs: 245g
- Fiber: 55g
- Sugar: 68g
- Protein: 179g
- Calories: 231
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Sodium: 364.6mg
- Carbs: 24.5g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Sugar: 6.8g
- Protein: 17.9g