Meal prep while you make your recipe! These Mini Sweet Potato Quiches are easy to make, delicious, packed with protein, AND travel friendly!
Add into a bowl 1-2 cups of chopped baby spinach, 2 large whole eggs, 9 tablespoons of liquid egg whites or 3 large egg whites, 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of cottage cheese, 4 tablespoons of coconut flour, 2 ounces of feta cheese, a little black pepper, and whatever other vegetables you want!
Bell peppers and onion are usually my preference but use whatever you’re in the mood for.
Mix everything together.
Chop up a couple sweet potatoes into small pieces. You don’t want them too small but you also don’t want them too big either (they’ll take too long to cook).
Take out some mini quiche trays. The trays I’m using today cost around a buck for all of them. Aside from being cheap, they’re great to take with you on the go since you can just toss them after.
Although I prefer the meal prep friendly trays for these mini sweet potato quiches, you could use a regular quiche tray as well. Keep in mind if you’re using a larger tray you’ll have to adjust your cooking time accordingly.
Coat your mini sweet potato quiche trays with some non-stick cooking spray.
Add your chopped up sweet potatoes and 2 ounces of precooked chicken per tin into the bottom. Follow with your mix on top of that and finish by topping your mini sweet potato quiches with a total of 1/2 a cup of cheese.
Put them in the oven on 350F/176C for around 35-40 minutes.
The mini sweet potato quiches are done.
Outside of how awesome these are already, they also taste great cold so you don’t have to worry about reheating them if you’re on the move. Another great travel friendly meal prep recipe!
Try our delicious Sweet Potato Pancakes next!
Mini Sweet Potato Quiches
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1-2 Cups Spinach - Baby (Chopped)
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 9 Tablespoons Liquid Egg Whites - or 3 Large Egg Whites (138g)
- 1 Cup Milk Substitute - or Fat Free Milk (8 Ounces)
- 1 Cup Cottage Cheese - Fat Free (226g)
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Flour - 28g
- 2 Ounces Feta Cheese - 60g
- Black Pepper - Your Choice
- Vegetables - Chopped (Your Choice)
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes - Chopped (300g)
- 8 Ounces Chicken - Precooked (2 Ounces Per Tin)
- ½ Cup Cheese - Your Favorite
- Chop up your vegetables and add all of your ingredients into a bowl aside from your Sweet Potatoes, Chicken, and Favorite Cheese
- Mix those together
- Coat your tins with non-stick cooking spray
- Chop up your Sweet Potatoes and evenly distribute them into the bottom of your tins
- Place your Chicken on top of your Sweet Potatoes
- Pour your mix in and top them with your Favorite Cheese
- Bake them on 350F/176C for around 35-40 minutes
- Calories: 1280
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Sodium: 1412mg
- Carbs: 112g (Net Carbs: 90g)
- Fiber: 22g
- Sugar: 36g
- Protein: 145g
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7g
- Sodium: 353mg
- Carbs: 28g (Net Carbs: 22.5g)
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 36.2g