Today we’re gonna dive right into it (I’m starving). Quick BANANA BREAD MUG CAKE in 3…2…1…
Start this one off with a mug of your choice! If it can fit at least cup a coffee coffee, you should be good to go. You could also use a bowl or whatever else if you don’t want a mug cake.
Add into it 1 large egg, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1/2 scoop of your choice protein powder (I like vanilla or chocolate), 1-2 teaspoons of a brown sugar substitute, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 ounce of milk, and 1/2 banana.
Mix everything together while mashing in your banana and microwave your banana bread mug cake for :30 seconds. Mix again and microwave it one more time for an additional 1-2 minutes depending on how powerful your microwave is.
Flip It Over
Remove your banana bread mug cake from the microwave and flip it over! If you did everything right, it should pop right out. Top it with some sugar free chocolate syrup, whipped cream, or anything else you want.
You could also live dangerously and just it right inside the mug like a normal person!
The number one complaint I get with these mug cakes is that the middle doesn’t cook. If that’s the case you’re either not stirring it long enough after :30 seconds or your microwave is underpowered. If that’s the case, wait a little bit longer to stir it…or buy a better microwave.
Try out our Low Carb Microwave Cheesecake next, it’s DELICIOUS and only takes 2 minutes!
Easy Banana Bread Mug Cake
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour 14g
- ½ Scoop Protein Powder Vanilla or Chocolate
- 1-2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar Substitute
- 1 Ounce Milk Substitute or Milk
- ½ Banana
- Add all of your ingredients into a mug and mix them together until smooth
- Microwave for :30 seconds
- Mix everything up a bit again (this will make it cook evenly)
- Microwave for an additional 1-2 minutes
- Calories: 302
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 119mg
- Carbs: 29g (Net Carbs: 22g)
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 24g