Today we’re gonna dive right into it (I’m starving). Quick BANANA MUG CAKE in 3…2…1…
Start this one off with a mug of your choice! Add into your mug 1 large egg, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1/2 scoop of your choice protein powder (Labrada Lean Pro8 vanilla is delicious), 1-2 teaspoons of a brown sugar alternative, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 ounce of milk or even better a flavored RTD, and 1/2 banana…minus the tip.
Mix, microwave for :30 seconds, mix again, and microwave for an additional 1-2 minutes depending on how powerful your microwave is. After that you can flip it out or for easy clean up just eat it right in the mug!
The number one complaint I get with these mug cakes is that the middle doesn’t cook. If that’s the case you’re either not stirring it long enough after :30 seconds or your microwave is weak and you should wait a little bit longer to stir it (or buy a better microwave).
Buy Labrada products here: http://bit.ly/2tKBmeG
Here is the recipe:
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons (14g) Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Scoop Labrada Lean Pro8 Vanilla Protein Powder (or Other Protein/Flavor)
- 1-2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar Alternative
- 1 Ounce Milk/Milk Substitute/Flavored RTD
- 1/2 Banana
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 302
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 119mg
- Carbs: 29g (Net Carbs: 22g)
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 24g
How to make:
- Add all of your ingredients into a mug and mix them together until smooth
- Microwave for :30 seconds
- Mix everything up a bit again (this will make it cook evenly)
- Microwave for an additional 1-2 minutes
- Use a fork to “mash” your RIPE banana in while mixing!