Want some cheap, healthy, and QUICK protein energy bars? Look no further! These Homemade Protein Energy Bars are DELICIOUS!
Here is the recipe:
- 2 Cups (160g) Rolled Oats
- 4 Tablespoons (20g) Cocoa Powder
- 10 Teaspoons Instant Coffee
- 6 Scoops (180g) Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/2 Cup (4 Ounces) Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or Regular Milk/Other Milk Substitute)
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Rice Syrup (or Honey)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 16 Tablespoons (256g) Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 3423
- Fat: 151g
- Saturated Fat: 21g
- Sodium: 2384mg
- Carbs: 271g
- Fiber: 49g
- Sugar: 82g
- Protein: 245g
Calories in each bar (if you make 10):
- Calories: 342
- Fat: 15.1g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Sodium: 238.4mg
- Carbs: 27.1g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Sugar: 8.2g
- Protein: 24.5g
Add your Rolled Oats into a food processor or blender and process or blend them until they look like flour. Combine the flour you just made, Cocoa Powder, Instant Coffee, and Chocolate Protein Powder into a large bowl and lightly mix those ingredients together. Take out a stove top pan and turn your burner on Low Heat (around 2 or 3). Add in your Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, Vanilla Extract, and Peanut Butter. Stir those around until they are mixed together. Slowly add in your dry ingredients while mixing everything together (you’ll get a nice little forearm workout from this). Once everything is mixed together take out a dish or pan, pour your mix into it, and then press your mix into your dish or pan until it’s compacted. Add your Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips on top and press those in. Cover your dish or pan, put it into the fridge for a little bit so that they can harden up, and then cut them. Mouthgasm!
- Add whatever you want on into or on top of your bars!
- Use whatever flavor of protein powder you want, just make sure that it tastes good!