The warmer weather is finally here and if you’re not at the grill you probably don’t wanna spend hours prepping meals inside. This Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala recipe is super easy and quick to prep, you get a lot of bang for your buck, and the macros are awesome!
Start this one by trimming the fat off of 3 pounds of chicken breast and then cut them in half length wise (1/4” thick or so). This next step is optional…but preferred. Season them with a little salt & pepper, add some oil into a pan, and cook your chicken on both sides for a couple minutes.
After 4 hours
Remove your chicken and mix together 8 tablespoons of corn starch and 2/3 cup of water. Pour that in with 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning and mix everything together until smooth. Put your chicken back in and slow cook it on high for 30-40 minutes or until your sauce thickens up.
Last add in 1/2 cup of heavy cream, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Lightly mix and you should get something like this…
I usually portion this slow cooker chicken marsala out into 6 servings and each serving is usually around 500 grams. This number can vary so just use it as a rough estimate.
Like this one? Try our Slow Cooker Pizza recipe out next!
How To Make Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala Recipe
- 3 Pounds Chicken Breast 48 Ounces
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth 8 Ounces
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Marsala Cooking Wine 8 Ounces
- 2-3 Cups Sliced Mushrooms Your Choice
- 8 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- ⅔ Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream 4 Ounces
- Black Pepper
- Trim the fat off of your Chicken Breast and cut them in half length wise.
- Optionally season your Chicken Breast with a little Salt & Pepper, add some Olive Oil into a pan, and cook both sides of your Chicken Breast for a couple minutes.
- Add your Chicken Breast into your slow cooker followed by your Broth, Garlic, Wine, and Mushrooms.
- Cook on Low for 4 hours or 5 hours if you didn’t cook your chicken before adding it in.
- Remove your Chicken Breast.
- Mix together your Corn Starch and Water.
- Add that mix into your slow cooker with your Italian Seasoning and mix until smooth.
- Put your Chicken Breast back in and cook it on High for 30-40 minutes or until your sauce thickens up.
- Lightly mix in your Heavy Cream, Salt, and Pepper.
- Calories: 2376
- Fat: 80g
- Saturated Fat: 32g
- Sodium: 2711mg
- Carbs: 80g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 334g
- Calories: 396
- Fat: 13.3g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3g
- Sodium: 451.8mg
- Carbs: 13.3g
- Fiber: .8g
- Sugar: .5g
- Protein: 55.6g