A BURRITO…for BREAKFAST!? Probably not the first thing you think of when you’re dieting but now it can be because today we’re gonna remix it into a low carb option. Lets jump right into this LOW CARB BREAKFAST EGG BURRITO RECIPE!
Take out a bowl big enough to fit 4 eggs. Add in 1 large whole leg, 3 large egg whites, and 1 ounce of a milk or milk substitute. Mix everything around then take out a large stove top pan that has a cover, turn your burn on medium heat, and add in 1/2 tablespoon of butter or coconut oil. Once that melts pour your eggs in, add on some black pepper, and cover.
After a couple minutes or when you can move your pan and your eggs move around with it, you’ll wanna flip it over. Cover it again and remove it after another couple of minutes. If you did it right you should be able to grab it like you would a wrap.
My Calphalon pan here: http://amzn.to/2fea3Rr
Lids for your pans here: http://amzn.to/2eDtvTB
The next ingredients I add in are what I like on this so just think outside the box and add in things you like if you don’t like what I’m using or you wanna switch things up (think different herbs, spices, sauces, vegetables, cheeses, etc). First, I start with a couple tablespoons of fat free sour cream then a couple pieces of lettuce. On top of those some thick cut microwave bacon since it’s quick (and today I was heavily strapped for time). Avocado on top of your bacon, chopped up tomato slices over your avocado, and of course finish with a little salsa!
Last roll it up and you’ve got yourself your new favorite low carb meal!
On the topic of low carb…how many of you guys do low carb and how often do you do it? Let me know in the comments below! Personally I go low carb about a month into leaning out and stay there for a few weeks at a time. After the first couple days it’s really not that bad…I always have way more energy!!!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- 1 Ounce Milk or Milk Substitute
- 1/2 Tablespoon Butter or Coconut Oil
- Black Pepper
- 1-2 Tablespoons Fat Free Sour Cream
- 1-2 Slices Bacon
- Avocado Slices
- Tomato Slices
- 1-2 Tablespoons Salsa
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 251
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 304mg
- Carbs: 8g = 6g NET CARBS!
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 30g
How to make:
- Mix your Egg, Egg Whites, and Milk together
- Turn your burner on Medium Heat, take out a stove top pan, and add in your Butter or Coconut Oil
- Once it heats up add your egg mix in and cover your pan
- After 1-2 minutes (or when you can move your egg “wrap” around in your pan by shaking it) flip it over
- Cover it again for 1-2 minutes and remove it from the heat
- Add the rest of your ingredients and/or whatever you want into your egg “wrap” and roll it up