Make burritos healthy again! Today we change your morning routine with this Low Carb Breakfast Egg Burrito recipe! Packed with protein, easy to make your own, keto friendly, and absolutely delicious.
Add into a bowl and mix together 1 large whole leg, 3 large egg whites, and 1 ounce of a milk or milk substitute.
Take out a large stovetop pan that has a cover, turn your burn on medium heat, and add in 1/2 tablespoon of butter or coconut oil.
Pour your eggs in after your butter or coconut oil melts, add on some black pepper, and cover.
When you can move your pan and your eggs move around with it (a couple minutes), you’ll want to flip it over.
Cover it again and remove your now low carb egg burrito after another couple of minutes! If you did it right, you should be able to grab it like you would a regular wrap.
These next ingredients I add in are what I like on this. If you don’t like an ingredient here, don’t use it! Think outside the box and add in things you like, different herbs, spices, sauces, vegetables, cheeses, and so on.
Healthy Egg Burrito Toppings
I made my low carb egg burrito today with a couple tablespoons of fat free sour cream, some lettuce, thick cut microwave bacon (for the quickness!), fresh avocado, a couple tomato slices, and of course a little salsa!
Roll it up and you’ve got yourself a new keto friendly breakfast staple, some absolutely delicious Low Carb Egg Burritos!
How many of you all do low carb or keto and how often do you do it? Let me know in the comments below!
I usually go low carb or keto about a month into leaning out and stay there for a few weeks at a time.
How about a dessert? Try our Low Carb Microwave Cheesecake next!
Low Carb Breakfast Egg Burrito
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- 1 Ounce Milk - or Milk Substitute
- ½ Tablespoon Butter - or Coconut Oil
- Black Pepper - Your choice
- 1-2 Tablespoons Sour Cream - Fat Free
- Lettuce - Your choice
- 1-2 Slices Bacon
- Slices Avocado - Your choice
- Slices Tomato - Your choice
- 1-2 Tablespoons Salsa
- Mix your Egg, Egg Whites, and Milk together
- Turn your burner on Medium Heat, take out a stovetop pan, and add in your Butter or Coconut Oil
- Once it heats up add your egg mix in and cover your pan
- After 1-2 minutes (or when you can move your egg “wrap” around in your pan by shaking it) flip it over
- Cover it again for 1-2 minutes and remove it from the heat
- Add the rest of your ingredients and/or whatever you want into your egg “wrap” and roll it up
- Calories: 251
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 304mg
- Carbs: 8g = 6g NET CARBS!
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 30g