Monday has arrived and football season is back on the menu! Today, we’re bringing back our slow cooker and making an Easy Slow Cooker Meatloaf that’s PACKED with protein and takes just a few minutes to prep.
Start this one with a mixing bowl. You’ll want it big enough to fit your entire mix in while having enough room to comfortable mix it.
Add into it 3 pounds of lean ground beef or turkey (I use 93/7), 2 large whole eggs, 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, 1 1/2 cups of your choice bread crumbs, 1 cup of a lower sodium beef broth, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 tablespoon of parsley, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
For my vegetables and texture I like to add in a chopped up red onion and green pepper. If you want more or other vegetables, add those.
Other vegetable I like in this one?
Drop a comment below with what you’re going to use and I’ll add some more variations here!
Pro tip? You can also easily switch this one up with different seasonings, spices, herbs, and so on! Think outside the box.
From here, mix everything together with a utensil or get right into it with your clean hands.
After mixing and within your bowl, do your best to shape it to the size of your slow cooker. It doesn’t have to be perfect!
Next, take out your slow cooker and optionally line it with some aluminum foil or a bagged liner (pulls right out).
Drop your slow cooker meatloaf mix into the bottom and press it down flat to shape it.
For a quick slow cooker meatloaf glaze add into a bowl 1 cup of a low sugar ketchup, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, and 1-2 tablespoons of some optional brown sugar substitute if you want some sweetness to it.
Mix all of those ingredients together until your glaze is smooth.
Evenly distribute half of that glaze over the top of your meatloaf.
Last, cover it and let it cook on low heat for around 6-7 hours or high heat for 3-4.
Add the other half of your glaze and a little parsley on 20 minutes prior to being done.
I usually portion this one out into 10 servings and each serving is over 41 grams of protein. You can see the full nutritional breakdown for this slow cooker meatloaf in the recipe card below.
Ready for dessert? Try some Protein Cinnamon Rolls!
High Protein Slow Cooker Meatloaf
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 3 Pounds Ground Beef - or Turkey (Lean Preferred – I used 93/7)
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 ½ Cups Bread Crumbs - Your Choice (I went Italian)
- 1 Cup Bone Broth - Beef/Lower Sodium
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Red Onion - *Optional (Use whatever vegetables you want)
- 1 Green Pepper - *Optional (Use whatever vegetables you want)
- 1 Cup Ketchup - Low Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2-3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar Substitute - *Optional for sweetness
- Chop up your vegetables
- Add all of your Meatloaf ingredients into a large mixing bowl
- Mix all of your ingredients together with a utensil or your hands (easier!)
- Do your best to shape your mix inside your bowl into the size of your slow cooker
- Optionally line your slow cooker with aluminum foil or a slow cooker liner
- Drop your shaped mix into the bottom of your slow cooker
- Press down to flatten and shape your mix so that your top is level
- Evenly distribute half of your Glaze on top
- Put your cover on and let it cook on Low Heat for around 6-7 hours or High Heat for 3-4 hours
- Add the other half of your Glaze on with a little parsley 20 minutes prior to it being done
- Add all of your Glaze ingredients into a small mixing bowl
- Mix all of those together until your Glaze is smooth
- Calories: 3713
- Fat: 133g
- Saturated Fat: 53g
- Sodium: 5980mg
- Carbs: 212g
- Fiber: 17g
- Sugar: 67g
- Protein: 417g
- Calories: 371
- Fat: 13.3g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3g
- Sodium: 598mg
- Carbs: 21.2g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sugar: 6.7g
- Protein: 41.7g