It’s that time of the year again where I turn into what is known as the, “basic white girl stereotype”. Pumpkin coffee, pumpkin oatmeal, pumpkin pancakes…the list goes on. I will admit this year it went a little too far with the pumpkin pizza. I can promise you we’re not going that far today, in fact we’re gonna keep simple and make some PROTEIN PUMPKIN CUPS!!!
Start with a bowl then add into it 5 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (or make your own), 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of a sweetener, 1 scoop of protein powder, 2 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1/2 cup of pumpkin, and 2 ounces of fat free cream cheese. Mix all of those together until smooth then add in whatever else you want. I personally like folding in some chopped pecans!
Labrada Protein Powder here: http://bit.ly/2tKBmeG
Next take out some silicone cups. You could also use paper but save yourself the trouble of peeling it off with these. They’re super cheap and last forever. All you do here is simply just pack your mix into them. Make them as thick or as thin as you want them.
Cheap Silicone Cups: http://amzn.to/2mqXyoP
After that add some water into a pan, turn your burner on low heat, and place a glass bowl on top so that the water is touching it. Into that bowl put whatever kind of chocolate you wanna melt and keep it moving so it doesn’t burn. Once melted take your cups and top each one with a little chocolate (create a layer). If you don’t wanna add chocolate then skip this step. Last throw them in the freezer for around 20 minutes.
There ya go…you can basically make these as healthy or as unhealthy as you want to!
P.S. Let me know in the comments below what the weirdest pumpkin flavored item you’ve ever seen was…I’m curious.
Here is the recipe:
- 5 Tablespoons (31g) Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetener
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder (I prefer 100% Whey or Lean Pro8)
- 2 Tablespoons (14g) Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup (122g) Pumpkin
- 2 Ounces (60g) Fat Free Cream Cheese
- Chopped Pecans *Optional
- 1-2 Tablespoons Chocolate (Your Choice)
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 560
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 534mg
- Carbs: 69g (Net Carbs: 59g)
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 31g
- Protein: 39g
Calories in each cup (if you make 10):
- Calories: 56
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated Fat: .8g
- Sodium: 53.4mg
- Carbs: 6.9g (Net Carbs: 5.9g)
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 3.1g
- Protein: 3.9g
How to make:
- Mix everything aside from your Pecans and Chocolate together in a bowl
- Fold in your optional Pecans
- Add your mix into silicone cups (or paper) and press down to compact it
- Melt your Chocolate and pour a small layer of it on top of each cup
- Place them in the freezer for around 20 minutes
- Change up the flavor with your protein powder!