It’s that time of the year again where I turn into a stereotype. Pumpkin coffee, pumpkin oatmeal, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin pizza (too far!), the list goes on. We’re not going as far as pizza but we are going to keep it simple and make some Protein Pumpkin Cups!
Start by adding into a bowl 5 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of a sweetener, 1 scoop of protein powder, 2 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree, and 2 ounces of fat free cream cheese.
Mix all of those together until smooth.
Add in whatever else you want, I personally like folding in some chopped pecans.
Take out some paper or silicone cups (link below). Silicone will save you the trouble of peeling them which is worth every penny.
All you do now to make the first layer of these protein pumpkin cups is to simply just pack your mix into them. You can make them as thick or as thin as you want. Easy, right?
How To Melt Chocolate
Add a little water into a pan, turn your burner on low heat, and place a glass bowl on top. The glass bowl should be sitting on top of the water that you added into your pan.
Throw into that glass bowl whatever kind of chocolate you want to melt and keep it moving so that it doesn’t burn.
Top your protein pumpkin cups once the chocolate melts, this will create your chocolate layer.
If you don’t want to add chocolate then skip this step but it really doesn’t hurt the macros too much.
Finish by your protein pumpkin cups in the freezer for around 20 minutes or until they look like they’ve hardened up.
You can make these as healthy or as unhealthy as you want to! Let me know in the comments below what kind of chocolate you’re going to use.
No Bake Protein Pumpkin Cups
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 5 Tablespoons Graham Cracker - Crumbs
- ½ Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetener
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- ½ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Ounces Cream Cheese - Fat Free
- Pecans - Chopped *Optional
- 1-2 Tablespoons Chocolate - Your Choice
- Mix everything aside from your Pecans and Chocolate together in a bowl
- Fold in your optional Pecans
- Add your mix into silicone cups (or paper) and press down to compact it
- Melt your Chocolate and pour a small layer of it on top of each cup
- Place them in the freezer for around 20 minutes
- Calories: 560
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 534mg
- Carbs: 69g (Net Carbs: 59g)
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 31g
- Protein: 39g
- Calories: 56
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated Fat: .8g
- Sodium: 53.4mg
- Carbs: 6.9g (Net Carbs: 5.9g)
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 3.1g
- Protein: 3.9g