Make your own cheap and healthy energy balls at home in minutes with this No Bake Protein Peanut Balls recipe! Endless variations for any craving, macro friendly, and great to take with you anywhere.
Start these no bake balls by taking out a food processor and adding in 1 cup of pitted prunes into it. If you don’t have a food processor, here’s a link the one we’ve been using for years and recommend.
Process those prunes together until a ball forms and/or they turn into a “paste-like” consistency.
Continue after that by adding in 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/4 cup of rolled oats, 1/4 cup of your choice nuts (I went with walnuts), 1 ounce of seedless raisins, 2 scoops of a vanilla or chocolate protein powder, 10-15 drops of optional liquid sweetener or dry sweetener equivalent, 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, and 1/2 cup of melted peanut butter.
To quickly melt your peanut butter you can put it into the microwave for around :45 seconds depending on how powerful your microwave is.
Did you know?
- Flaxseed meal is a great cheap source of healthy fats and fiber
- Cocoa powder has no sugar in it and 2 grams of fiber per 10 calorie serving
Process all of those ingredients together for around :20 seconds, add in a little warm water if your mix appears to be too dry (2-4 ounces), and continue processing until you have your no bake protein peanut butter balls mix.
No Bake Ball Flavors
Optionally add whatever you want to top them with into a small dish. I went with a couple servings of some unsweetened shredded coconut today.
Some of my other favorite options to top them with? Cocoa powder, graham cracker crumbs, granola, sprinkles, and more! Let us know your favorite combinations in the comments below.
Shape your no bake protein peanut butter balls, roll them around in whatever you choose to top them with (if anything), and place them onto a baking sheet or dish.
Pro tip? Keep your hands damp when you shape them and your mix won’t stick to them!
Put your balls into the freezer for around 2-4 hours or until they “harden” up.
For the best taste, leave these in the fridge or freezer and let them thaw for a few minutes before eat them.
Try our delicious 5 Minute Protein Cheesecake Balls next!
No Bake Protein Peanut Butter Balls
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Cup Prunes - Pitted
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Box Raisins - 1oz Seedless
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- ¼ Cup Walnuts
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder - Vanilla or Chocolate
- 8 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 2-4 Ounces Water - Warm
- 10-15 Drops Liquid Sweetener
- 1-2 Servings Shredded Coconut - Unsweetened
- Process your Prunes until a ball forms
- Add the rest of your ingredients into the food processor aside from your Shredded Coconut, Peanut Butter, and Water
- Melt your Peanut Butter and add it into your food processor
- Process that for :20 seconds
- Add in your Water and continue processing until everything is mixed together
- Shape your mix into balls
- Roll them around in your Shredded Coconut
- Place your balls into the freezer for 2-4 hours
- Calories: 2033
- Fat: 97g
- Saturated Fat: 23g
- Sodium: 913mg
- Carbs: 192g
- Fiber: 35g
- Sugar: 98g
- Protein: 98g
I really enjoyed these balls (haha). They were super tasty but could only survive in my freezer. I could taste the prunes in it but I like prunes so all the better!