Warm up this holiday season with a Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Protein Shake! This healthy hot chocolate alternative recipe is super easy to make, absolutely delicious, and diet friendly!
All you need for this one is something to mix your ingredients in, a stove to heat everything up, and your favorite hot chocolate mug!
Add into a blender or shaker bottle 1 cup of unsweetened milk substitute, 1/2 tablespoon of chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon of chocolate peanut butter, 2 teaspoons of your choice sweetener, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, and 1 1/2 scoops of a chocolate or vanilla protein powder.
Did you know that cocoa powder has only 10 calories with 2g of fiber per serving?
Blend or shake everything together until smooth.
You can easily change up your hot chocolate flavor by changing the flavor of your protein powder. Use vanilla, mocha, peanut butter, and so on. Think outside the box and let us know your favorite variations in the comments below!
Take out a stovetop pan, turn your burner on low-medium heat, and pour your mix in.
Let your peanut butter hot chocolate protein shake heat up for 3-4 minutes while occasionally stirring it so that it doesn’t burn.
Pour your shake into your favorite hot chocolate mug and top it! I topped mine with some whipped cream today.
Can’t find chocolate peanut butter? Try our Chocolate Protein Spread recipe!
Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Protein Shake
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ½ Tablespoon Chocolate Chips - Semi-Sweet
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 8 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 1 ½ Scoops Protein Powder - Chocolate or Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter - Chocolate
- 2 Teaspoons Sweetener
- Get a blender (preferred) or shaker bottle
- Add all of your ingredients into it
- Blend/mix everything together
- Take out a stovetop pan and turn your burn on Low-Medium Heat
- Pour your mix in
- Heat your mix up for around 3-4 minutes (right before it starts to boil) while occasionally stirring it so that it doesn’t burn
- Calories: 404
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 384mg
- Carbs: 40g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 11g
- Protein: 34g