So you’re having or going to a barbecue and you want something macro friendly that everyone can eat. Today, we give you that healthy barbecue recipe option! This Greek Yogurt Macaroni Salad is PACKED with protein, only takes around 10 minutes to prep, and is absolutely delicious!
Start this one by adding into a saucepan pan 4 cups of some bone broth. and bring that to a boil, it shouldn’t take too long.
Once that starts to boil after a few minutes, add in 12 ounces of rotini or other pasta and drop your heat medium until most or all of your broth is absorbed. Make sure to keep it moving every minute or so!
The kind of broth you use is completely up to you too, today I’m using turkey for this Greek yogurt macaroni salad.
Make your pasta using broth instead of water! Not only will it make it taste better but it also adds some more protein to your recipe. With the broth we used in this recipe, it’s adding 36 GRAMS of protein. Not bad, right?
I also find that 4 cups is just the right amount for 12 ounces of pasta. Your pasta should absorb almost all of this amount. If it doesn’t absorb all of it then you can drain or save the rest.
Add your cooked pasta into a large enough bowl for your Greek yogurt macaroni salad.
Follow your pasta with a chopped up red pepper, green pepper, yellow pepper, 1/2 red onion, some celery, cucumber, some peeled fresh local corn, 1 ounce of apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup of relish, 2 tablespoons of mustard, 4 tablespoons of light mayonnaise, 1 container of a vanilla or plain greek yogurt (I like the sweetness of vanilla), a little salt, and a little pepper.
Don’t have time to make corn? Throw it in the microwave with the husk on for around 4 minutes and it’ll come out amazing!
Mix those together.
Take out 3/4 cup of your favorite cheese and 12 ounces of your favorite protein. I’m using feta cheese and tuna but use whatever you’re craving. In this Greek yogurt macaroni salad recipe I’ve used with great success:
- Cheddar and hard boiled eggs
- Mozzarella and tofu
- Mexican blend and cooked lean ground beef
Mix everything together again and for the best results, throw it in the fridge for a few hours!
If you liked this Greek Yogurt Macaroni Salad recipe then you should definitely try out our Greek Yogurt Protein Ice Cream Cake recipe!
Summer Greek Yogurt Macaroni Salad
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 32 Ounces Bone Broth
- 12 Ounces Pasta - I use Rotini here
- 1 Red Pepper - Chopped
- 1 Green Pepper - Chopped
- 1 Yellow Pepper - Chopped
- ½ Red Onion - Chopped
- 2-3 Stalks Celery - Chopped
- 1 Cucumber - Chopped
- 1 Ear Corn - Peeled
- 1 Ounce Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Relish
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard
- 4 Tablespoons Mayonnaise - Light
- 1 Container Greek Yogurt - I like Plain or Vanilla for the sweetness
- Black Pepper
- ¾ Cup Cheese - Your Favorite (I use Feta Cheese here)
- ¾ Pound Protein - Cooked (I use Canned Tuna here)
- Bring your Broth to a boil
- Add your Pasta in
- Drop your heat to medium and keep your Pasta moving until most or all of your Broth is absorbed
- Add your cooked Pasta and all of the rest of your ingredients into a large bowl aside from your Cheese & Protein and mix them together good
- Mix in your Cheese & Protein
- Throw it in the fridge for a few hours
- Calories: 236
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Sodium: 210.2mg
- Carbs: 30.7g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sugar: 3.4g
- Protein: 20.1g
- Calories: 2365
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Sodium: 2102mg
- Carbs: 307g
- Fiber: 28g
- Sugar: 34g
- Protein: 201g