Like chicken parmesan? Want a healthier option? This Bodybuilding Chicken Parmesan recipe is quick, healthy, great for meal prep, delicious, and PACKED with protein! The best part? You only need a couple ingredients to make it!
The first thing you’ll want to do is take out 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast, trim the fat off of them, and cut them in half horizontally. The goal is to turn your chicken breast into chicken cutlets (thin!). This means for every chicken breast you have, you’ll have two pieces.
Put your chicken off to the side and take out 2 bowls. You’ll want a small one for your wet mix and a bigger one for your dry mix.
Keep in mind if you want to double or triple the recipe you may need to use larger bowls. You can scale this bodybuilding chicken parmesan recipe below!
In the small bowl, add 2 extra large egg whites and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix those together.
In the bigger bowl, add 2/3 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs and 8 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese. Mix those together.
Once your wet and dry ingredients are ready to go, take out a baking pan or dish. Coat it with some non-stick cooking spray or line it with some parchment paper for easy clean up.
Before The Oven
Place your thinly sliced pieces of chicken onto your coated or lined baking pan or dish.
With a pastry brush, coat each piece with your wet (egg) mix. Make sure to coat both sides of your chicken.
Don’t have a pastry brush? Don’t worry! Dunk your chicken right into the mix.
After each piece is coated in your wet mix, flip it around a couple times in your dry mix until it’s fully breaded. If you have any dry mix leftover, evenly distribute it over the top of your chicken at the end.
Now before the oven, spray the top of your chicken with some non-stick cooking spray. Doing this will give your bodybuilding chicken parmesan a nice, crispy outer shell!
Put your chicken into the oven on 450F/232C for 20 minutes.
Bodybuilding Chicken Parmesan Topping
After 20 minutes, take them out and flip your pieces over.
Evenly distribute 1/2 cup total of pasta sauce and 3/4 cup total of some reduced fat mozzarella cheese over the tops of them. Use the back of a spoon to help spread your pasta sauce.
If you want to spice things up, add in a little hot sauce or Sriracha to your pasta sauce!
Put them back in the oven on 450F/232C for 5-10 minutes or until your cheese is melted.
Chicken Parmesan Tips
To keep them crispy and not soggy, reheat them in the oven (or toaster oven) on 350F/176C for 10-15 minutes.
Eat your bodybuilding chicken parmesan in a sandwich, over some pasta, rice, high protein quinoa, or even just vegetables if you’re watching your carbs!
Ready for dessert? Try The Best Protein Cheesecake EVER!
Bodybuilding Chicken Parmesan
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 ½ Pounds Chicken Breast - 24 Ounces
- 2 Extra Large Egg Whites
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ⅔ Cup Bread Crumbs - 60g Whole Wheat
- 8 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese - 40g Grated
- ½ Cup Pasta Sauce - 123g
- ¾ Cup Mozzarella Cheese - 84g Reduced Fat
- Take out your Chicken Breast, trim the fat off of them, and cut them in half (so that they are thin)
- In one smaller bowl add in your Egg Whites and Olive Oil
- Mix those together
- In another large bowl add in your Bread Crumbs and Parmesan Cheese
- Mix those together
- Take out a baking sheet, coat it with some non-stick cooking spray, and put your Chicken Breast onto your baking sheet
- Lightly brush your wet mix onto both sides of your Chicken Breast slices
- Dunk them into your dry mix
- Coat the top of your Chicken Breast with some non-stick cooking spray
- Put them into the oven on 450F/232C for 20 minutes
- Take them out, flip them over, and evenly distribute your Pasta Sauce + Mozzarella Cheese over the top of them
- Put them back into the oven on 450F/232C for another 5-10 minutes (or until your cheese is melted)
- Calories: 1515
- Fat: 43g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 2010mg
- Carbs: 55g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 227g
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3g
- Sodium: 335mg
- Carbs: 9.1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1.6g
- Protein: 37.8g