Another week has gone by and that means #SlowCookerSunday is back. Today we reinvent Chicken Cordon Bleu in our slow cooker. This one is PACKED with protein, takes less time to prep than the original recipe, and tastes even better the next day!
For this one start by mixing together 1 big can or 2 small cans of 98% fat free cream of chicken and 1 cup of milk or milk substitute until smooth. Once smooth take out your slow cooker, optionally line it, and then add in 2 pounds of chopped up chicken breast. After that, pour in half of your cream of chicken mix and mix those together. On top of that add 6 ounces of sliced ham, 4 ounces of sliced Swiss cheese, the other half of your cream of chicken mix, 1 box of stuffing, and 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
Last, throw your lid on and let it cook on low heat for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours!
Slow Cooker Liners: http://amzn.to/2H5kOQr
My Slow Cooker: http://amzn.to/2kb3a6c
For this one I like to portion it out into 6 servings which come out to around 335 grams each and will give you 50 grams of protein per serving. You can always make more…or less servings depending on your goals!
NEW Meal Prep Containers: https://amzn.to/2HjwfWg
Kitchen Scale: http://amzn.to/2k8YrPt
With that said, follow me @TheProteinChef so you can tag me with your creations and use the hashtag #SlowCookerSunday.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 Cup (8 Ounces) Milk or Milk Substitute
- 1 Big Can/2 Small Cans (22.6 Ounces/640g Total) 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken
- 2 Pounds (32 Ounces) Chicken Breast
- 6 Ounces (3/4 Pound) Sliced Ham
- 4 Ounces (1/4 Pound) Sliced Swiss Cheese
- 1 Box (6 Ounces/168g) Stuffing
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
How to make:
- Mix together your Cream of Chicken and Milk until smooth
- Add into the bottom of your lined (optional) slow cooker your chopped up Chicken Breast and 1/2 of your Cream of Chicken mix
- Mix those together
- Top with your Ham and Cheese
- Pour the other 1/2 of your Cream of Chicken mix on those
- Top with your Stuffing and melted Butter
- Cook on Low Heat for 5-6 hours or High for 3-4 hours
- Add in some vegetables!
- Look for lower sodium alternatives to all of your ingredients!
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 2861
- Fat: 89g
- Saturated Fat: 38g
- Sodium: 4972mg
- Carbs: 215g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 25g
- Protein: 300g
Calories in each 335g serving (if you make 6):
- Calories: 476
- Fat: 14.8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Sodium: 828.6mg
- Carbs: 35.8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Protein: 50g