It’s time to beat those unhealthy chocolate cravings with some Protein Triple Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies! This healthy cookie recipe is packed with chocolate flavor, high in fiber, and absolutely delicious. Did I mention that you probably already have all the ingredients!?
For this recipe you’ll need either a mixing bowl or food processor to mix everything together and a baking sheet. If you don’t have a food processor, here’s a link to the one I’ve been using for years.
Start by making some homemade oat flour. To do this simple process or blend 2 cups of rolled oats until they look like flour! Easy, right?
Add into whatever you’re using your oat flour, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2 large whole eggs, 3/4 cup of your choice sweetener, 2 tablespoons of sugar free chocolate syrup, 10 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce, 3 ounces of plain Greek yogurt, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 4 scoops of a chocolate protein powder, and 1/2 ripe avocado.
Did you know that cocoa powder is a great cheap source of fiber with 2 grams for every 10 calories?
Mix or process everything together until your protein triple chocolate oatmeal cookies mix is smooth.
After it’s smooth you’re going to want to lightly mix in 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats.
Take out your baking sheet, coat it with some non-stick cooking spray, and spoon your mix onto your baking sheet. However big you want to make your protein triple chocolate oatmeal cookies is completely up to you. I made 15 cookies today.
Before the oven you can optionally top them with whatever you want. Raisins, nuts, chocolate or peanut butter chips, and banana slices are some of my favorite toppings for these! Let us know what you end up going with in the comments below.
Put your protein triple chocolate oatmeal cookies into the oven on 350F/176C for around 10-15 minutes. You can easily check if your cookies are done you can inserting a toothpick into the center of one and if it comes out clean, they’re done.
Frost these for even more protein with one of our Protein Frosting Recipes!
Protein Triple Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 3 ½ Cups Rolled Oats
- 4 Scoops Protein Powder - Chocolate
- ¾ Cup Sweetener
- 3 Ounces Greek Yogurt - Plain Fat Free
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- ½ Avocado
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Syrup - Sugar Free
- 10 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- Take out a blender or food processor
- Blend or process 2 Cups Rolled Oats until they look like flour
- Add your Oat Flour and the rest of your ingredients aside from the your Rolled Oats you didn’t turn into oat flour into your food processor
- Process everything together
- Add in your Rolled Oats and lightly mix them in (don’t process)
- Take out a baking sheet, coat it with non-stick cooking spray, and spoon your batter onto the baking sheet
- Bake them on 350F/176C for 10-15 minutes
- Calories: 2182
- Fat: 50g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 2158mg
- Carbs: 261g
- Fiber: 58g
- Sugar: 39g
- Protein: 172g