Today we’re back with our air fryer (or oven if you don’t have an air fryer!) and we’re taking it down chicken tender lane. These Easy Almond Flour Chicken Tenders are low carb, keto friendly, and made with 6 simple ingredients you probably already have!
To make these take out 2 bowls. You’ll need one for your dry mix and one for your wet mix.
Info your first bowl add 56 grams of almond flour, 20 grams of grated parmesan cheese, and your choice seasoning. I went with a tablespoon of ranch seasoning mix which was 9.6 grams with one I used.
Mix those dry ingredients together and put them off to the side.
Take out your other bowl for your wet mix which should be big enough to fix your chicken into.
Add and mix together into that bowl 2 large whole eggs and 15 grams of mustard into that bowl.
From here put a pound of chicken tenderloins or cut up chicken breast into your egg mix and let that sit for 1-2 minutes.
Looking for some delicious chicken? Head to https://bchrbox.co/TheProteinChef for 1 free pack of bacon per order for the life of your Butcher Box membership and $20 off your first 5 months!
Thank you to Butcher Box for sponsoring this post.
Find your air fryer basket or whatever you’re using and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray.
Almond Flour Breading
Next, you’ll want to remove each piece of chicken from your egg mix, let the excess drip off, and roll it around in your dry mix.
Before removing it from your dry mix make sure to fully coat your easy almond flour chicken tenders.
Finally, to maximize the crispiness before the oven…coat the top of each piece with some non-stick cooking spray.
Put them into your air fryer on 400F/204C for around 12-14 minutes. You can flip yours halfway through cooking if you want (I don’t usually do this).
Pro tip? Chicken is done at 165F/73C.
Remove them from your air fryer and pair them with your favorite healthy dip!
Baked Almond Flour Chicken Tenders
Want to make these in the oven? Put them onto a baking sheet and bake them on 450F/232C for 12-14 minutes making sure to flip them halfway through.
Ready for dessert? How about a Low Carb Microwave Cheesecake?
Easy Almond Flour Chicken Tenders
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Pound Chicken Tenderloins
- ½ Cup Almond Flour
- 4 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Ranch Seasoning Mix - *Optional
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard
- In one bowl mix together your Eggs and Mustard
- In another bowl mix together everything else
- Add your Chicken Tenderloins into your egg mix
- Coat your air fryer basket with some non-stick cooking spray
- Remove each piece of tenderloin from your egg mix (let the excess drip off) and roll it around in your dry mix until fully coated
- Place your coated tenderloins onto your air fryer basket
- Repeat until your mixes are gone
- Coat the top of your tenderloins with some non-stick cooking spray (maximizes the crispiness)
- Put them into your air fryer on 400F/204C for 12-14 minutes or until your cooking thermometer reaches 165F/73C
- Optionally flip them over halfway through cooking
- Do all of the same steps as the air fryer but instead of an air fryer basket use a baking pan
- Put them into the oven on 450F/232C for 12-14 minutes
- Flip them halfway through cooking
- Calories: 951
- Fat: 43g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 1564mg
- Carbs: 15g
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 126g