Looking for a quick and healthy dessert hummus recipe? Try some Strawberry Shortcake Protein Dip! This high protein hummus is super easy to make with just a few ingredient including chickpeas!
To fully incorporate your chickpeas you’re going to need a food processor like this or really powerful blender.
Add into your food processor or blender 1 can of drained & rinsed chickpeas, 1/4 teaspoon of butter extract, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons of strawberry preserves, 6 reduced fat wafers, 1 tablespoon of your choice sweetener, 2 tablespoons of coconut or oat flour, 3 ounces of unsweetened milk substitute, 3 1/2 scoops of a vanilla protein powder, and 1 cup of fresh strawberries.
Make sure to use fresh and not frozen strawberries as frozen ones will add too much water to the recipe.
Process or blend everything together until your strawberry shortcake protein dip forms.
Chickpeas for dessert!? Yes! As long as you rinse them good they’ll have almost no taste to them making them, especially when added to other ingredients.
Pour your dip into a container with a lid, optionally put it in the fridge for a bit (tastes great cold), and devour! I like to eat mine with some wafers or low fat graham crackers.
Other ways to eat your strawberry shortcake protein dip? Let us know how you consume yours in the comments below.
Dessert Hummus Ideas
- Make a rice cake sandwich
- As a spread on pancakes or waffles
- In your oatmeal (mix it in!)
- Topping for your cheesecake/cake
As for storing it? I keep mine covered in the fridge and it usually lasts up to a week.
Strawberry Shortcake Protein Dip
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 15 Ounces Chickpeas - Reduced Sodium/No Salt Added
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetener
- 6 Wafers - Reduced Fat
- ¼ Teaspoon Butter Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 ½ Scoops Protein Powder - Vanilla
- 3 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Preserves - Low Sugar Strawberry (or Jelly)
- Drain and rinse your Chickpeas
- Add all of your ingredients into either a food processor or blender
- Process/blend everything together
- Calories: 1060
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 741mg
- Carbs: 127g
- Fiber: 34g
- Sugar: 39g
- Protein: 120g
- Calories: 265
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: .5g
- Sodium: 185.2mg
- Carbs: 31.7g
- Fiber: 8.5g
- Sugar: 9.7g
- Protein: 30g