Add chocolate to your healthy breakfast with this Triple Chocolate Protein Waffles recipe! These waffles take just minutes to make, are macro friendly, and guaranteed to satisfy your chocolate cravings!
Start this recipe by adding right into a food processor or blender 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats, 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla milk substitute, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 2 large egg whites, 1 tablespoon of nut butter, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1 1/2 scoops of a chocolate protein powder.
Process or blend everything together for around :30 seconds or until smooth.
Protein Waffles or Pancakes
If you mix seems too thick you can thin it out by adding a little water to it. Alternatively, if you don’t have a waffle maker you can use this triple chocolate protein waffles mix to make some really thick pancakes!
Take out a waffle maker like this, turn it on, and let it heat up for a couple minutes. If your waffle maker has a ready button, wait for that to turn green.
Coat your waffle maker with some non-stick cooking spray, pour your mix in, and top your triple chocolate protein waffles with 1/2 tablespoon of some chocolate chips. You could also use nuts, pieces of a broken up protein bar, chocolate sprinkles, and so on!
Make sure to push your chocolate chips/whatever you’re using in or cover them with some mix. Why? So that they don’t burn when you close your waffle maker!
Let your waffles cook for around 2-3 minutes or however long your waffle maker says to.
Remove your waffle and pour on some sugar free chocolate syrup or our Chocolate Protein Spread.
Have your own favorite healthy toppings that you use for these triple chocolate protein waffles? Let us know them in the comments below.
Triple Chocolate Protein Waffles
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 ½ Cups Rolled Oats - or Coconut Flour
- ½ Cup Cottage Cheese - Fat Free (or Greek Yogurt)
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 2 Large Egg Whites - or 1 Large Egg
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder - Chocolate
- 2 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ Tablespoon Chocolate Chips - Semi-Sweet (per Waffle)
- Combine all of your ingredients aside from your Chocolate Chips into either a food processor or blender
- Process or blend those together
- Take out your waffle maker and let it heat up
- Once it heats up, coat it with some non-stick cooking spray
- Pour your mix in and top each waffle with 1/2 Tablespoon Chocolate Chips
- Cook your waffles for around 2-3 minutes or however long your waffle maker says to
- Calories: 986
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 1033mg
- Carbs: 111g
- Fiber: 18g
- Sugar: 17g
- Protein: 86g
- Calories: 493
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 516.5mg
- Carbs: 55.5g
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 8.5g
- Protein: 43g
This looks so delicious!! I love chocolate and waffles, so i must try this out!