The only thing I like more than coffee inside a mug…is a MUG CAKE! What’s that mean? It means that MUG CAKES are back and we’re gonna start this season off with a bang…A MATCHA GREEN TEA MUG CAKE. No this isn’t joke and yes, it’s actually good…did I say good? I mean absolutely delicious. Don’t run away yet, at least wait until the end!!!
First, take out a mug and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray. Now add into your mug 1 large egg, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1/2 scoop of protein powder (my Baking Protein works great with this recipe since it’s unflavored), 1 ounce of milk, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 tablespoon of sweetener which is optional, and 1 teaspoon of some matcha green tea powder. Mix all of those up nicely in your mug then throw your mug in the microwave for 30 seconds. Mix everything up again and then continue microwaving it for around 1-2 minutes. You don’t want it to dry out so make sure to keep an eye on it.
For those of you who have never had or are put off by the sound of a green tea dessert – I was you, until I tried what is now known as my addiction…GREEN TEA POCKY! It’s seriously delicious (addicting) and this mug cake is no different. Also, aside from all of the health benefits of green tea you also get a nice little boost since this mug cake has around 70mg of caffeine in it.
This isn’t a brand deal either but here’s the powder I’ve been using (cheapest/highest quality one I could fine). Works and tastes great!
Matcha Green Tea Powder: http://amzn.to/2qsXwNj
Here is the recipe:
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons (14g) Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Scoop (15g) Protein Powder (The Protein Chef’s Baking Protein works GREAT!)
- 1 Ounce Milk (or Milk Substitute)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- *Optional 1 Tablespoon Sweetener
- 1 Teaspoon Matcha Green Tea Powder
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 118mg
- Carbs: 11g (6g NET)
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 19g
How to make:
- Coat at mug with some non-stick cooking spray
- Add and mix all of your ingredients together in it
- Microwave your mug for :30 seconds and then mix everything together again
- Microwave for an additional 1-2 minutes (keep an eye on it)
- Top it with some POCKY!!!