Low calorie, high protein, filling, flavorful, protein cakes…need I say more? One of my favorite quick recipes.
Here is the recipe (makes 2 cakes):
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder (6 tablespoons or around 30g) (Vanilla/Banana)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Apple Sauce (30g)
- 1/2 Cup Egg Whites (3.5 Large Eggs)
- 10-15 Drops Liquid Stevia (or other liquid sweetener)
If using chocolate, don’t include the vanilla extract. If using a natural flavored protein, include some dark cocoa powder!
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Fill two 1 cup baking safe ramekins (or similar) and cook on 375 for 20:00-25:00.
- Use fat free whip cream/cool whip/cream cheese, sugar free chocolate syrup, fresh fruits, nuts, cinnamon, or peanut butter to top them!