So there’s a couple ways I prefer to start my morning if I decide to eat breakfast and ONE of those ways is with a green smoothie. I’m sure there’s some placebo effect going on here but drinking a bunch of nutritious things always tends to kick start my brain and give me energy that lasts throughout the whole day. The best part? These smoothies actually taste great and you’re not paying $13 for them. On that note, lets jump into this avocado banana smoothie!
Here’s the deal, today we’re making a smoothie with avocado. That alone might steer people away from this but let me tell you 3 reasons why we’re using avocado:
- For the healthy fat it provides
- It’ll give our shake a thick, creamy texture
- It’s a pretty neutral flavor in this so you can’t taste it at all
With that said take out a blender and add into it 3/4 cup or 6 ounces of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 1 1/2 scoops or 45 grams of my Baking Protein, 1/2 an avocado, 1 banana, 1 cup of kale or spinach, 1 or 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and some ice!
Go ahead and blend it until everything is mixed together, pour it in a glass, and enjoy!
This smoothie is quick, about 80% cheaper than you could buy it for at a shop, tastes great, and should give you a kick start to the day. If that’s not enough incentive to at least try it once, I don’t know what is!!!
Here is the recipe:
- 3/4 Cup (6 Ounces) Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or Regular Milk/Other Milk Substitute)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Scoops (45g) TPC Baking Protein (or Vanilla Protein Powder)
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 Banana
- 1 Cup Kale or Spinach
- 1-2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
Calories per shake:
- Calories: 504
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 192mg
- Carbs: 50g
- Fiber: 15g
- Sugar: 16g
- Protein: 40g
How to make:
- Add all of your ingredients together into a blender
- Blend everything until smoooooooth
- Cut your avocado by using a sharp knife and circling around it!