Take your meal prep to the next level with this easy to make Slow Cooker Taco Chicken recipe! These healthy tacos are packed with protein, will last you the whole week, and have all the right flavors.
For this recipe all you’re going to need is a slow cooker, an optional slow cooker liner, and your ingredients! If you don’t have a slow cooker, here’s a link to the one we’ve been using for over a decade and recommend.
Start by taking out 5 pounds of chicken breast, trimming the fat off of them, and cutting them into 1/2-1” pieces. If you want more or less chicken you can use the scale system within the recipe card below.
Add your chicken into your slow cooker followed by 1 can of stewed tomatoes, 2 cans of fiesta nacho cheese, 2 cans of Mexican diced tomatoes, 2 cans of drained whole kernel corn, 4 teaspoons of a lower sodium taco seasoning mix, and 1/2 chopped up red onion.
Pro tip? The weights for all of the ingredients are below!
Mix all of those ingredients together until everything for your slow cooker taco chicken is incorporated.
Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
*Double or triple this recipe and have access to it whenever you need it!
- 1 1/4 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 3/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper, Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano, Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
Last, turn your slow cooker on low heat and let it cook for around 5-6 hours. Keep in mind that your cooking time may change depending on how big your pieces of chicken are.
Shut your slow cooker off and portion out your slow cooker taco chicken into however many servings you want.
Some of my favorite ways to eat this?
- Using the mix in a sandwich
- For regular tacos/in a burrito
- Topped with shredded cheese and sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
Let us know some of your favorite and healthy ways to eat this in the comments below!
Ready for dessert? How about a Protein Fudgesicle!?
Slow Cooker Taco Chicken
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 5 Pounds Chicken Breast - 8 Ounces
- 14.5 Ounces Stewed Tomatoes - 411g Can No Salt Added
- 2 Cans Condensed Soup - 21.5oz/610g total Fiesta Nacho Cheese
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes - 20oz/566g total Mexican
- 2 Cans Corn - 30.5oz/864g total Drained Whole Kernel
- 4 Teaspoons Taco Seasoning Mix - 12g Lower Sodium
- ½ Red Onion - Chopped
- Mexican Cheese - For Topping
- Take out your Chicken Breast, trim the fat off of them, and cut them into small pieces
- Chop up your Red Onion
- Combine all of your ingredients into your slow cooker
- Mix everything together
- Cook on Low Heat for 5-6 hours
- Calories: 4144
- Fat: 60g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Sodium: 4528mg
- Carbs: 244g
- Fiber: 32g
- Sugar: 84g
- Protein: 657g