Ready to lose weight or gain muscle with this high Protein Cheesy Chicken Bake recipe? This healthy chicken casserole is great for meal prep, packed with flavor, and uses simple ingredients you probably already have. Meal prep never tasted so good!
Start this one with a large bowl that you’ll be adding most of your ingredients into. You could also mix everything right inside the baking dish you’re using if it’s big enough to save some time.
Add into your bowl 2 cups of ricotta cheese, 1 cup of chopped mushrooms, 1 cup cheddar cheese, 2 ounces of a cooked pasta, 8 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, 1 chopped green bell pepper, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, 2 pounds of cooked chicken or other protein, and 1/4 cup of chopped white onion.
Lightly mix all of those ingredients together and add in 1 can of cream of chicken.
Mix everything together again.
Take out a baking dish (unless you mixed everything in your baking dish) and evenly distribute your cheesy chicken bake mix into this dish.
Sprinkle on 1/4 cup of bread crumbs and put it in the oven on 350F/176C for around 45 minutes or until the edges start bubbling.
You can use whatever pasta you want here and I would suggest to cook your pasta however long your box says to. Ideally you should pull the pasta off the heat 1-2 minutes before it’s done since it’ll finish cooking in the oven.
Don’t like or want chicken? Turkey, steak, tofu, or even TUNA work great too! Yes, tuna.
Cheesy Chicken Bake Variations
Bored with this recipe? Easily switch it up by using different vegetables, adding in other seasonings, chili sauce, etc. Let me know some of your favorite variations in the comments below!
As for storing this one, it should last around 5-7 days fridge. Freezing it works great too.
Ready for a dessert? Try our Low Carb Protein Pancake Bites!
Protein Cheesy Chicken Bake
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Cups Ricotta Cheese - Fat Free
- 1 Cup Mushrooms - Chopped
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese - Reduced Fat
- 4 Ounces Pasta - 112g Cooked
- 8 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese - Grated
- 1 Green Pepper - Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 Pounds Chicken - Cooked (or Any Other Lean Protein such as Ground Beef, Turkey, Tofu, etc)
- ¼ Cup White Onion - Chopped
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken - 10 3/4 Ounces 98% Fat Free
- ¼ Cup Bread Crumbs - Whole Wheat
- Chop up your Mushrooms, Green Bell Pepper, and White Onion
- Cook your Chicken and Pasta
- Add all of your ingredients into a large bowl aside from your Bread Crumbs and mix everything together
- Evenly distribute your mix into a baking dish
- Top it with your Bread Crumbs
- Bake on 350F/176C for 45 minutes or until the edges start to bubble
- Calories: 2326
- Fat: 46g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 3041mg
- Carbs: 179g
- Fiber: 20g
- Sugar: 29g
- Protein: 299g
- Calories: 387
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 506.3mg
- Carbs: 29.8g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Protein: 49.8g