It’s time you reinvent the melt with some Baked Bacon Chicken Melts! This easy meal prep recipe is packed with protein, easy to make, and just as cheesy as your traditional melt!
For this one you’re going to need 3 mixing bowls and a baking dish. I’m using a 9×13 baking dish like this today.
Start by taking out 4 pounds of chicken breast, trimming the fat off of them, and cutting them in half. If you want more or less than this you can scale the recipe below.
Add into your first bowl 8 tablespoons of mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of parsley, 6 tablespoons of bacon bits, 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, and 1 large whole egg.
Mix all of those ingredients until everything is incorporated. This is your baked bacon chicken melts topping!
Diet tip? Use whatever ingredients fit your macros. Full, reduced, or fat free is completely up to you!
Add into your next bowl 2 cups of Japanese style (adds a nice crisp!) bread crumbs. If you don’t like or can’t find Japanese style bread crumbs you can just use whatever you can find/have.
In your last bowl add 4 large whole eggs and beat them.
Take out a baking dish that’s big enough for all of your baked bacon chicken melts and put your bowls next to it for quick access.
All you need to do now is to dunk each piece of chicken first into your egg mix then into your bread crumbs. Make sure to let your excess egg mix drip off before flipping your piece around in your bread crumbs a few times.
Repeat these steps until all of your pieces are coated and distribute any extra mix over the top of your baked bacon chicken melts.
Last, wash one of your hands or use a spoon and evenly distribute your topping mix over the top of your chicken.
Put your melts into the oven on 375F/190C for around 40-45 minutes.
Remove them from the oven and optionally top them. I like to top my baked bacon chicken melts with some fat free sour cream and salsa! Let us know your choice topping(s) for these in the comments below.
Ready for a high protein dessert? Try our Cookies & Cream Protein Cheesecake recipe!
Baked Bacon Chicken Melts
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 4 Pounds Chicken Breast
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 8 Tablespoons Mayonnaise - Reduced Fat/Fat Free
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley
- 6 Tablespoons Bacon Bits
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese - Reduced Fat Sharp
- 2 Cups Bread Crumbs - Japanese Style
- 5 Large Whole Eggs
- Take out your Chicken Breast, trim the fat off of them, and cut them in half
- Combine all of your ingredients into a bowl aside from your Bread Crumbs and Eggs
- Mix those ingredients together
- Add your Bread Crumbs into a separate bowl
- Add your Eggs into another bowl and mix them together
- Quickly dip your chicken pieces into your Egg mix and then into your Bread Crumbs
- Place them into a baking dish
- Evenly distribute any extra Egg mix or Bread Crumbs over the top
- Use one of your hands or spoon to evenly distribute the first mix you made over the top
- Bake on 375F/190C for 40-45 minutes
- Calories: 3380
- Fat: 68g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Sodium: 3270mg
- Carbs: 120g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 12g
- Protein: 572g
- Calories: 338
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Sodium: 327mg
- Carbs: 12g
- Fiber: .4g
- Sugar: 1.2g
- Protein: 57.2g