Are you bored with chicken? Love garlic? Look no further! These absolutely delicious, protein packed, keto friendly and low carb Cheesy Garlic Chicken Rollups will take your meal prep to a new level! The best part? This recipe is super easy to make with simple ingredients.
For this recipe you’ll need 3 bowls. One for your bread crumb mix, one for your egg mix, and one for your stuffing mix.
In your first bowl (bread crumb mix) add 1 cup of bread crumbs and 8 tablespoons of parmesan cheese. Mix those together and put that bowl off to the side.
In your next bowl (egg mix) add 1 jumbo whole egg and 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Mix those together and put that bowl off to the side with your other bowl.
In your last bowl (stuffing mix) add 7 ounces of cream cheese, 1 1/2 teaspoons of onion powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder, and 2 teaspoons of minced garlic. Mix those together with a hand mixer until creamy. Do you need a hand mixer? No, it’ll just make this part a bit easier. Pro tip? Let your cream cheese soften before mixing.
Cheesy Garlic Chicken Rollups
Take out 2 pounds of chicken breast and cut them into cutlets (thin). You should get 2 cutlets from every chicken breast.
Place your cutlets onto a cutting board, cover each piece with some plastic wrap, and use a meat tenderizer to thin them out even more. The goal should be to make them all the same size which will help you easily portion them out later!
Dunk each cutlet into your egg mix then into your bread crumb mix. Place your coated piece onto a lined baking sheet for easy clean up. Make sure you let the excess egg mix drip off before moving to your bread crumb mix.
Repeat until all of your cutlets are coated.
Add some of your stuffing mix into each piece and roll them up as tight as you can. You can secure your cheesy garlic chicken rollups after rolling them with a couple toothpicks.
Put them in the oven on 350F/176C for around 35 minutes.
Meal prepping these cheesy garlic chicken rollups? Heat them up in the toaster oven the next day to keep the crispiness alive!
Room for a healthy dessert? Try our Mini Sweet Potato Protein Cupcakes!
Cheesy Garlic Chicken Rollups
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs - 90g Whole Wheat
- 8 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese - 60g Grated
- 1 Jumbo Whole Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Butter - 28g Melted
- 7 Ounces Cream Cheese - 196g Fat Free (or Cottage Cheese)
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 2 Pounds Chicken Breast - 32 Ounces
- Take out 3 bowls
- Add your Bread Crumbs and Parmesan Cheese into the first bowl and mix those together
- Add your Egg and melted Butter into the next bowl and mix those together
- Add your Cream Cheese, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, and Garlic into the last bowl and mix those together until creamy
- Take out your Chicken Breast, trim the fat off of them, and cut them in half so that they are thin enough to roll
- Dunk each piece of chicken lightly into your egg mix then into your bread crumb mix and place your pieces on a baking pan
- Put some of your cream cheese mix on top of the chicken (near the end of it so it can roll in), roll your chicken up, and insert two toothpicks to secure your rollup
- Bake your rollups on 350F/176C for 35 minutes
- Calories: 1904
- Fat: 68g
- Saturated Fat: 28g
- Sodium: 2590mg
- Carbs: 80g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 23g
- Protein: 243g
- Calories: 476
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 647.5mg
- Carbs: 20g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sugar: 5.7g
- Protein: 60.7g