It’s time! Time to combine a couple of my favorite cravings, a grilled cheese and jalapeño poppers! This Baked Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese sandwich is delicious, packs just enough heat, and comes in at under 300 calories!
For this one, you’ll need either an oven or toaster oven.
Start this one off with a bowl and mix together 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, 1 ounce of reduced fat cream cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic seasoning, and some sliced jalapeños.
Your jalapeño popper grilled cheese mix should turn out pretty thick, not “watery” at all.
Next, take out out a baking sheet and your favorite high protein bread. You’ll want to coat one side of each piece with 1-2 teaspoons of some mayonnaise.
Spread the cheese mixture you just made onto one of your pieces of bread and top it with a slice of cheddar cheese.
Close off your sandwich with your other piece, mayonnaise side up, and bake it on 450F/232C for around 5-7 minutes.
Flip it over outside of the oven and bake it for another 5-7 minutes.
Once it starts to “crisp up“, your baked jalapeño grilled cheese is ready to eat!
Delicious, right? You can use lower fat ingredients to cut down on the calories even more.
Let me know in the comments below what your favorite cheese is for a sandwich!
Try our delicious and protein packed Bodybuilding Grilled Cheese next!
Baked Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Slices Bread
- 1-2 Teaspoons Mayonnaise - Per Slice *Reduced Fat Preferred
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese - Shredded
- 1 Ounce Cream Cheese - Reduced Fat
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Seasoning
- 1 Slice Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Handful Jalapeños - Sliced
- Mix together your Shredded Cheddar, Cream Cheese, Garlic Seasoning, and Jalapeños
- Coat one side of each piece of Bread with your Mayonnaise
- Spread your mixture onto the dry side of one of your pieces
- Place your slice of Cheddar onto that and close off your sandwich with your other piece (mayonnaise side up)
- Bake your sandwich on 450F/232C for 5-7 minutes, flip it, and then bake it for another 5-7 minutes or until your cheese is melted
- Calories: 316 (292 Net Calories)
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 534mg
- Carbs: 33g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 28g