Do you love chili but hate how long it takes? Are you looking for a quick and high protein meal prep? Try this Sriracha Tuna Chili! This healthy recipe takes just a few minutes to prep, is cheap to make, and packed with just enough kick!
The first thing you need to do for the recipe is to get your ingredients ready. To do this you’re going to need 2 bowls.
Add into your first bowl 1 can of drained & rinsed dark red kidney beans and 1 can of drained & rinsed black beans. Put those off to the side.
In your other bowl add 6 cans of drained tuna and put that bowl off the side.
What size cans am I using? I always put the totals of each ingredient in the recipe card below!
Take out a large stove top pan or pot, turn your burner on medium heat, and add 2 tablespoons of canola oil into it.
Once it heats up add in 2 bags of frozen stir fry vegetables. If you don’t like frozen vegetables you can chop up some green bell peppers, red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, and white onion.
You can also change the flavor(s) of this recipe up by using other vegetables, spices, herbs, and so on. Think outside the box and don’t be scared to try new things! Let us know your favorite things to add into this Sriracha tuna chili in the comments below.
Tuna Chili Ingredients
Mix your vegetables up a bit then add in 1 large can of crushed tomatoes, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 10 teaspoons of chili sauce, 1 packet of a low sodium chili seasoning mix, your beans that you put off to the side, 10 tablespoons of your choice salsa, and your tuna.
Keep your ingredients moving as you add them in so that nothing burns.
Mix everything for your Sriracha tuna chili up good and let it cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes. You’ll want to occasionally stir it as it cooks.
Remove your Sriracha tuna chili from the heat, portion it out, and top it with some reduced fat or fat free cheese!
Ready for dessert!? Try our Cookies & Cream Protein Cheesecake recipe!
Sriracha Tuna Chili
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2 Bags Stir Fry Vegetables - 14.4 Ounce Frozen Bags (or chop up some Green, Red, Yellow Peppers and White Onion)
- 6 Cans Tuna
- 1 Packet Chili Seasoning Mix - 1.25 Ounces/35g (Low Sodium)
- 1 Can Kidney Beans - 16 Ounces/454g Reduced Sodium Dark Red
- 1 Can Black Beans - 15 Ounces/425g Reduced Sodium
- 10 Tablespoons Salsa - 165g
- 10 Teaspoons Chili Sauce - 50g Sriracha
- 1 Can Crushed Tomatoes - 28 Ounces/794g
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic - or 4 Cloves
- Drain and rinse your Beans
- Drain your Tuna
- Take out a large stovetop pan, turn your burner on Medium Heat, and add in your Oil
- Once your pan heats up add in the rest of your ingredients
- Mix everything around
- Let your chili cook for 10-15 minutes (keep it moving every couple of minutes)
- Calories: 2280
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 4940mg
- Carbs: 297g
- Fiber: 76g
- Sugar: 84g
- Protein: 192g
- Calories: 380
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: .3g
- Sodium: 823.3mg
- Carbs: 49.5g
- Fiber: 12.6g
- Sugar: 14g
- Protein: 32g