Something I love but always end up eating too much of? TRAIL MIX! Yes, it’s awesome (delicious) but the “good” stuff is usually packed with sugar AND overpriced for what you get. Today, we’re gonna solve both of those with this easy homemade Bodybuilding Protein Trail Mix Recipe!
For the purpose of the video we started off with a bowl. All YOU need is a sealable gallon bag which you can add everything right into!
Add in it 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds, 1/2 cup of dry roasted edamame, 1/4 cup of almonds, 1/4 cup of pistachios, 1/2 cup of a dried fruit, and PROTEIN CLUSTERS (the best part).
To make these protein clusters for your protein trail mix you’ll want to melt and mix together 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips, and 1 ounce of milk.
4 Tips To Trail Mix
- It’s easiest to melt your protein cluster ingredients on the stovetop
- Use chunky peanut butter for a crunch
- Add whatever dried fruit you want in
- You don’t have to add all of the ingredients we’re using
After your protein cluster mix has melted, quickly mix in 1 scoop of protein powder and 1/2 cup of rolled oats. You should use whatever flavor protein powder you think will compliment the protein trial mix best.
Shape your protein clusters with your hands or a spoon and put them on some parchment paper. Repeat until your mix is gone.
Place those into your freezer until they harden up enough to peel them off the parchment paper.
Add your clusters and everything else into a sealable bag and simply shake it up to mix it all together!
I usually get around 10 servings out of this bodybuilding protein trail mix.
What do you guys like in your trail mix? Maybe there’s something where you live that I wouldn’t think of. Let me know it in the comments below, I always love trying your suggestions!
You’ve got your protein trail mix now you need some protein bars! Try our delicious homemade Fudge Brownie Protein Bars here.
Bodybuilding Protein Trail Mix
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Chips - Your choice (I like semi-sweet)
- 1 Ounce Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Your choice flavor
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats
- ½ Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ Cup Edamame - Dry Roasted
- ¼ Cup Almonds
- ¼ Cup Pistachios
- ½ Cup Dried Fruit - Your choice
- Make your Protein Clusters by melting and mixing your Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chips, and Milk together either in the microwave or on the stove
- Mix in your Protein Powder and Rolled Oats
- Shape your Protein Clusters however big you want them, place them on a baking sheet, and put them in the freezer until frozen
- Add all of your ingredients together (including your Protein Clusters) inside a bag and shake until mixed
- Calories: 1640
- Fat: 84g
- Saturated Fat: 26g
- Sodium: 744mg
- Carbs: 131g (Net Carbs: 98g)
- Fiber: 33g
- Sugar: 31g
- Protein: 90g
- Calories: 164
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Sodium: 74.4mg
- Carbs: 13.1g (Net Carbs: 9.8g)
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Sugar: 3.1g
- Protein: 9g