Something I love but always end up eating too much of? TRAIL MIX! Yeah, it’s awesome (delicious) but the “good” stuff is usually overpriced for what you get. It’s also almost always not too macro friendly. Today, we’re gonna solve both of those with this easy Bodybuilding Protein Trail Mix Recipe!
For the purpose of the video we started off with a bowl but usually I’ll just add everything right into a gallon Ziploc bag.
Add in it 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds, 1/2 cup of dry roasted edamame, 1/4 cup of almonds, 1/4 cup of pistachios, 1/2 cup of a dried fruit, and PROTEIN CLUSTERS (the best part)!
To make these protein clusters for your protein trail mix you’ll want to melt and mix together 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips, and 1 ounce of milk.
4 Tips To Trial Mix
- It’s easiest to melt your protein cluster ingredients on the stovetop
- Use chunky peanut butter for a crunch
- Add whatever dried fruit you want in
- You don’t have to add all of the ingredients we’re using
After your protein cluster mix has melted you’ll want to quickly mix in 1 scoop of protein powder and 1/2 cup of rolled oats. Use whatever flavor protein powder you think will compliment the protein trial mix best!
Shape your protein clusters with your hands or a spoon, put them on some parchment paper, and into the freezer until hard.
Once those harden up go ahead and throw everything into your Ziploc bag. Shake it up to mix it all together!
I usually get around 10 servings out of this bodybuilding protein trail mix.
With that, what do you guys like in your trail mix? Maybe there’s something where you live that I wouldn’t think of. Let me know it in the comments below, I always like trying your suggestions!
Bodybuilding Protein Trail Mix
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter 32g
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Chips Your choice (I like semi-sweet) 30g
- 1 Ounce Milk Substitute or Milk
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder Your choice flavor
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats 40g
- ½ Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ Cup Dry Roasted Edamame
- ¼ Cup Almond
- ¼ Cup Pistachios
- ½ Cup Dried Fruit Your choice
- Make your Protein Clusters by melting and mixing your Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chips, and Milk together either in the microwave or on the stove
- Mix in your Protein Powder and Rolled Oats
- Shape your Protein Clusters however big you want them, place them on a baking sheet, and put them in the freezer until frozen
- Add all of your ingredients together (including your Protein Clusters) inside a bag and shake until mixed
- Calories: 1640
- Fat: 84g
- Saturated Fat: 26g
- Sodium: 744mg
- Carbs: 131g (Net Carbs: 98g)
- Fiber: 33g
- Sugar: 31g
- Protein: 90g
- Calories: 164
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Sodium: 74.4mg
- Carbs: 13.1g (Net Carbs: 9.8g)
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Sugar: 3.1g
- Protein: 9g