Ready for a meal prep friendly recipe that features a new way to cook your quinoa? These protein packed Spicy Quinoa Taco Bowls are absolutely delicious and take almost no time at all!
Start this one by cooking your quinoa. To do this, add in 1 1/2 cups of quinoa and 3 cups of some bone broth into a pot.
Bone broth instead of water!? YES! Cooking it with a broth will not only make it taste a world better but using a broth also adds more protein to these spicy quinoa taco bowls too.
Bring that to a boil, cover it, and reduce your heat to a simmer until all of your broth is absorbed. This should take around 15-20 minutes.
Follow that by adding into a bowl your cooked quinoa, 1 can of drained & rinsed black beans, 1 can of drain & rinsed pinto beans, some lime, 12 ounces of a cooked protein, 1 cup of cooked corn, 1 diced avocado, 1 1/2 teaspoons of chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, and a little salt & pepper.
You can use cooked ground beef, turkey, chicken, tofu, shrimp, tuna, etc for this one. Use whatever protein fits your diet, it’s completely up to you.
If you don’t want to add a protein that’s fine too, just remember to adjust the macros accordingly.
Mix all of those ingredients together and portion it out into however many servings you want, I usually make 5.
That’s it, your Spicy Quinoa Taco Bowls are done and ready to eat!
What will you top your taco bowls with? Let me know in the comments below.
Me? I’m a huge fan of anything spicy for this recipe.
Love quinoa like us? Try our Quinoa Chicken Parmesan recipe next!
Spicy Quinoa Taco Bowls
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 ½ Cups Quinoa - 258g
- 3 Cups Bone Broth - 24 Ounces
- 1 Can Black Beans - 439g Drained & Rinsed (Low Sodium Preferred)
- 1 Can Pinto Beans - 439g Drained & Rinsed (Low Sodium Preferred)
- 1 Squeeze Lime Juice
- 12 Ounces Ground Beef - or Turkey, Chicken, Tofu, Shrimp, Tuna, etc (Cooked)
- 1 Cup Corn - Cooked
- 1 Avocado - Diced
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Salt - Your choice
- Black Pepper - Your choice
- Cook your Quinoa by adding it into a pot with your Broth and bringing it to a boil
- Once it boils, reduce your heat to a simmer, cover, and let that cook for 15-20 minutes or until all of your Broth has been absorbed
- Add in your cooked Quinoa to a large bowl with all of your other ingredients
- Mix everything together
- Portion and top
- Calories: 2485
- Fat: 45g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 3072mg
- Carbs: 319g (Net Carbs: 230g)
- Fiber: 89g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 201g
- Calories: 497
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: .6g
- Sodium: 614.4mg
- Carbs: 63.8g (Net Carbs: 46g)
- Fiber: 17.8g
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Protein: 40.2g